TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Got the capri up and running for the summer (BUT)  (Read 1749 times)

Hollis

Got the capri up and running for the summer (BUT)
« on: April 15, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »

The capri was smoking really bad so I put it away. Today I said to hell with it and put in half a bottle of lucus stop leak into her. After driving a good 20 mins and it smoking it slowly went away.

Now my problem is that when I'm at a steady rpm it hesitates.

It also seems like its running out of gas and losing power. My boost drops to 0 on occasion. It mostly does it up hill. I'll loose all power and it will start to feel like its outta gas. Even with a full tank. Any ideas guys?

I'm getting new brakes and rotors tomorrow at work. And possibly wheel bearings because they sounds shot in the front.

Hollis

Got the capri up and running for the summer (BUT)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »

On a side note. Could it be hesitating from bad plugs? I have cheap copper ones in because I couldn't get the bosch at the time. I'll get the platinum tomorrow and possibly wires if it might fix it?