TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Distributor issue ?  (Read 2309 times)

Pappy T

• 91 base Capri
Distributor issue ?
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:19:10 PM »

Here we go again, got the engine light to go off by cleaning off Cam sensor . Car started right up no issues, as before, with my 2nd replacement distributor. Started and run for several minutes, after warmed up, started 4 or 5 more times with several minutes between starts. Started last night, no problem, ran for about 20 minutes straight while I checked for a couple possibilities as to why my brake light stays on now, has for a while, another project though .
Shut car off and about 5-10 minutes later..Would Not Start . No tach bounce either, won't start with start fluid either. Sounds like ignitor, although being pretty new ( 9 month and about 100 miles ) could there be a chance it could be cleaned up or something like the cam sensor ?? Not sure how it works.
 Got gas and all that , spark etc. Went through all these things when I first got it and re did now again too.
 Car is driving me batty with this happening , any help would be appreciated.
PS, went through all old posts on this subject too.   

JBone

• 1994 mercury capri base
Re: Distributor issue ?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 10:03:39 AM »

If I'm not mistaken there isn't much that can be done to help besides buying a new one (that actually works that is). I've tried two different ignitors and I've had the same problem with each one. I ohmed both of them and the ignitor with the higher resistance improved the condition but didn't fix it. I wonder if there is a spec somewhere for what the resistance should be?