TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Bushings?  (Read 2165 times)

grantduffield

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1991 Capri (automatic)
Bushings?
« on: March 24, 2014, 09:11:27 AM »

Ok - my 91 na automatic has more squeaks and rattles than a rat infested day care.  Would replacing the bushings help quiet things down (another site member mentioned that they replaced their bushings to help reduce the noise).  I know I need to tighten up the heat shields.  How do you replace the bushings?   
This is a very complicated case (car), a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous.

blueamber

Re: Bushings?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 10:13:39 AM »

Don't know what bushings you are referring to.  Sounds out of my cars at one time or another include buzzing of the heat shields (stainless hose clamps stopped that), clunks when accelerating or decel (motor mount), that nasty front end clicking noise when cornering (bad cv joint), scrapey from end sound when turning left (loose lug nuts .... my bad!), another scrapey front end noise going straight, more when cornering (bearings), vibration sound under the dash that beating on the dash sometimes helps (who the hell knows?), dash clicky noises when going slow over uneven terrain (body flexing and door light switch going on and off)...

Doing a lube job of oiling and greasing everything in sight is always a start to squeak control...Chris

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: Bushings?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »

It's probably head shields. Cut 'em off!
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"