TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Help electrical issues  (Read 3737 times)

Freeeric2023

• 1991 non turbo capri
Help electrical issues
« on: May 24, 2023, 11:37:01 AM »

I need help. I got a 91 non turbo capri and it has electrical issues. I installed a new fuel pump and got car started. Then I replaced alternator because it wasn’t charging. It ran fine for a day then it started cranking as soon as I turned the ign switch to the on position. I can’t figure out what’s going  on. Thanks

NEDREBEL

• 19 RAM, 91 XR2, 78 VOLARE, 67 RAMBLER REBEL
Re: Help electrical issues
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 02:12:05 PM »

My first guess would be ignition switch. Mine wouldn't engage the starter, I tried chasing it. I gave up and put a starter button on the dash.

Freeeric2023

• 1991 non turbo capri
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 12:06:12 AM »

It’s not the ignition switch I checked it

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 08:54:51 AM »

Check the signal wire going to the starter motor. You should also check the fuses in the under-hood fuse box (near the LH strut tower)

Freeeric2023

• 1991 non turbo capri
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 07:30:46 AM »

I figured out that voltage was coming from ttransmission position part of starting circuit as soon as key turned to on position. Anyone know why this would happen