TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: runs like poo,help!!!  (Read 3437 times)

deadman

runs like poo,help!!!
« on: February 10, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »

got a 92 capri na.car has sat for 6 years,it ran after some work but its running horrible now at low rpms.changed plugs,wires,cap roter fuel filter,droped the exhaust,air filter and checked for vaccume leaks.fires on all 4 as well.when its cold its not to bad but when warm its horrible!!!and its getting worse.car has 62k on it as well.as long as i keep it over 3 grand its ok but its a fight to get it there.this is my first capri so im lost!!

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »

did you change the gas ??? 6 year old gas is not going to run very well?? and after six years of setting man its going to need sometime to straighin out  you should change the oil and everthing to injector cleaner the works man and hope that after setting that long everything still oil like it should did you ever go just start it up and let it run awhile??

deadman

runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »

ran prolly 5 tanks of gas,oil has been changed.it will idel when cold but thats all its doing as of now.its getting worse and worse the more i run it now.havent tried injection cleaner yet,but i do run the good gas.what the hell is wrong with this thing?????ahhhhhhhhhh

Heavensheros

• Old-Timer
    • http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2685897/1
runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »

try seafoam and injector cleaner
1992 Capri XR2
RocketMan VAF adaptor
Accel wires
Irundium IX
2.5\\" Thrush exauhst
Rocket Chip
Rims
H&R Lowering Springs
Tuner FX Racing seats
Gauges w/ A-pillar gauge pods
Accel superstock coil
FMIC

bryanknight

runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »

if nothing is changing and only getting worse do a compression check there a lot of things that could be going on after that long of a set could have weak value springs all bad valve sets piston rings could not be sealing its going to be a niddle in a hay stack or better yet niddles in a hay stacks but well try to help

bryanknight

runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »

and the way its sounds and i could be wrong and have been but if it runs fine cold? the motor is lose and not bound up.. but when its getting to temp the motor is hot and expains and geting tight and that would not let the motors rpms go up because the motors get really tight.. which could me the oil rails and galies could be stoped up and so on but i just spit balling here dont know for sure yet try the other stuff then lets try something new  to get the car up to time where it starts acting stupid and then shut it off and take the plugs out all of them and get a wrech that fits the crank bolt and when the motors hot try to turn the motor over make sure its out of gear if five speed and if its really hard to turn its locking up most likey  if its pretty easy to turn then its something else...  just a rule of thum i can turn my motor over with the plugs in it with about easy to mild strenth so with the plugs out it should be really easy to turn the crank!!

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »

Ummm, okay...

I'd really look closely at your intake tubing and vacuum lines. 6 years gives plenty of time for rubber to crack and critters to nibble and gnaw on stuff.

Really check your intake piping, and double/triple check your vacuum lines. Some people spray i think WD40 to check for leaks.

Maybe pop the air filter cover off and make sure the flapper door on the airflow meter is moving freely and isn't stuck/corroded
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

deadman

runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 03:54:00 AM »

ok,so been trying a few things.i started it up and sprayed  brake cleaner and no change.now that i started it up and let it idel it just dies like the key is turned off.it starts back up right away but dies after 30 seconds.it also seems like something is holding it back,it reves but just seems like it doesnt wanna.could it be a fuel pump?or injectors?the spark is good,air way is clear.im using your ideas but comming up empty.also pulled the plugs and they look good,and no cel.????

DashingDaryl

runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 05:28:00 AM »

Have you done anything with your fuel filter? I had a problem where I bought some bad gas, and the filter was straining out all the junk. The car would run fine for about a mile, when cold,because all the junk had settled to the bottom of the filter. Once I drove it for awhile the strained junk would overwhelm the filter and the car would die. I could restart the car but it would die within a block. If I let it sit, and the gunk all settled, I could drive it again for another mile.

DashingDaryl

runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 05:32:00 AM »

ok, just re-read your post and you said you changed your fuel filter.

Still I think it has the symptoms of a bad filter. It is possible that if the gas you had clogged your old filter, the remaining bad gas could clog your new filter. I would take it off, and see if you can blow through it (Literally see if you can blow it like a whistle) If you can't, it needs to be changed again.

deadman

runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »

ok so i had to take the car to the garage today and have somebody else look at it.few hours later he called me back and had me yank all my subs and amps out to get to the fuel system.somebody rigged the fuel system very poorly.they used pieces of old fuel line and had several leaks in term burning the the fuel pump,and the sending unit was shot also.so i need a pump and sending unit,so please check the parts wanted post if ya can help!!!!

Mike Wouters

runs like poo,help!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 12:14:00 AM »

What about the PCV I had a similar prob and that fixed it