TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Frame Rust Repair?  (Read 3095 times)

georelle

Frame Rust Repair?
« on: September 22, 2009, 04:16:00 AM »

Ok. I have been fixing a few things on my new N/A 91 Capri and reading some things on this forum. I have found a lot of helpful information here. I have noticed the frame rail on the passenger side is in pretty bad shape. Is it possible to fix this? If so how? I am not going to get too crazy modifying this car. It runs great and has only 87,000 on it. I really just want to keep it on the road and running. I might put some different rims on it( stokers are ugly) and maybe a few minor other things to get a little more pep out of her. Other then the rust it is in good condition. The front passenger fender has some rust where the mud guard was.
Thanks for the help.
Georelle

Yuri

• Old-Timer
Frame Rust Repair?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »

is it this bad yet?

Heavensheros

• Old-Timer
    • http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2685897/1
Frame Rust Repair?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 01:36:00 AM »

YURI !!! how did you get a picture of the bottom of my car!!!! are you stalking me ?
1992 Capri XR2
RocketMan VAF adaptor
Accel wires
Irundium IX
2.5\\" Thrush exauhst
Rocket Chip
Rims
H&R Lowering Springs
Tuner FX Racing seats
Gauges w/ A-pillar gauge pods
Accel superstock coil
FMIC

georelle

Frame Rust Repair?
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 01:57:00 AM »

Well I would say it is almost that bad. I don't think it is too urgent now. I am just thinking ahead. If it has to be fixed probably better sooner then later. I think I will take it to a body/frame shop and see what they say.
The rusted brake lines are a little more urgent.
Georelle