TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pictures are up  (Read 6919 times)

Capri_chick

Pictures are up
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

Originally posted by MyLittlePony:
Capri Chick...  ...collectors value...   ...whats that? $1,500?    :D    Well, I guess thats more than what the car was paid for.

I cant wait till the cars painted. It'll look so hot! Oh, and I need to take more pics. Richter shaved off the rear bumper trim AND the 3rd brake light as well!

Note to copy cats: the trim on the bumper is molded onto the bumper itself. You cant just scrap it off like you would a metal door.
Yeah I hear you, I just remember that Richter had considered keeping the car all original in the event that the prices may actually appreciate in the future. I'm glad he changed his mind, looks really good without the moldings. I was curious about how you would smooth the rear bumper because I knew the molding was not simple to remove from either fascia.

What kind of filler did you use? I bought a 2004 Cobra rear bumper for our Mach 1, and I want to have the letters filled for a smooth look without the worry of cracking.
2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 5.7L
2007 Acura TL Type-S
2007 Ford Mustang GT

MyLittlePony

• http://nikiatkins.com/mustang
Pictures are up
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

Originally posted by Capri_chick:
What kind of filler did you use? I bought a 2004 Cobra rear bumper for our Mach 1, and I want to have the letters filled for a smooth look without the worry of cracking. [/QB]
I heard of a lot of people wanting to do that. I dont know if its because theyre afraid of being called a poser or what. Cant quite get much hate though, considering its for mach 1.

I suppose that since the embossed letters are so small (just a mm deep or so) normal bondo filler. Youd only want to use fiberglass if it was a HUGE area.

To make sure it doesnt crack and chip off, I supose you would first sand down the letters with the lowest grit possible. Just make sure you dont sand so much you got holes. You dont wanna hafta go through what Richters going through.

MyLittlePony

• http://nikiatkins.com/mustang
Pictures are up
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

Ok, some more pictures. We hope to have everything primered by the end of this weekend.

Note: seat covers are temporary.

Richter12x2

Pictures are up
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

It's kinda weird having her run around taking pictures like that.  It's like a photojournalist, I never know what she's going to take pictures of.  Car is now painted, and looks better than I had ever figured it would.  (minus a LITTLE weirdness around the hood scoop, but not terribly noticeable) Last 3 days have been colorsanding, picking up the compound today should be finished soon.

Richter12x2

Pictures are up
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »

Finally finished with the majority, just in time for the carshow tomorrow - here's ONE of the 5 new pics that were taken, so I don't choke off the low bandwidth people so much.  The other 4 are at http://www.nikiatkins.com/capri , the last 5 under In Progress.

Pages: 1 [2]