TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: We are restoring a recent bought 1991 Capri  (Read 3706 times)

TheresaGary's1991Capri

• http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/bestofblondie/capri.html
We are restoring a recent bought 1991 Capri
« on: September 20, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »

I was wondering what the normal oil pressure runs at idling and driving?

We now have a website click above author's homepage it is simple I just threw it together last night it will evolve!!

We just purchased our Capri last week and went on ebay to get a new roof, break and clutch parts. All I can say is wow!!! I am impressed how all of you have your cars!!! We are restoring ours and only just begun!! blondie9919@cox.net

I took pre restorations pictures and will have a website soon!!

[ September 21, 2005, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: TheresaGary's1991Capri ]

Ken

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

My oil pressure often shows low, particularly while idling at traffic lights. I think this is fairly common and not a concern.

Show us your pics  ;)

wk87540

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »

Ken's right on .....mine reads the same....the  warmer the oil the lower the pressure. Just for curiousity, where is Bellevue NE?

need4speed428

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »

I put an autometer oil pressure gauge on mine and it usually reads about 25psi slightly higher if its revved up.
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
1966 F100
1993 XR2 (gone but not forgotten)
2006 Yamaha FZ1  \\"[Smile]\\"  150bhp at only 439lbs!

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 12:16:00 AM »

Welcome to TeamCapri, and the wonderful world of these little cars!  Good luck with your restoration!  If you run into any problems, this is the place to go for answers!  Everyone on this forum has, by now, experienced probably every concieveable problem these cars can have!  If you need parts, again, post here, and someone can surely help you out.  Or, contact me at Cougar1prod@comcast.net, or go to Roo-Sport.com.  I have an ever-growing fleet of parts cars, so I would probably have what you need!!

Again, Welcome, and Good Luck!

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

TheresaGary's1991Capri

• http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/bestofblondie/capri.html
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 05:41:00 AM »

Wow!! Thanks to all that responded.

We do have a couple of pictures now on our homepage link.

This is all new and exciting. My story (Theresa) is I brought the car home. My husband flipped. Why do we need a third car? Then flipped when I ordered tons of parts still on there way from ebay. BUT ONCE HE DROVE IT HE WAS HOOKED ON THE LITTLE CUTE RED CAR TOO. then he appoligized and realized why I wanted to restore this little car to specs. I know it is funny a girl wanting to restore a car. Well I have been around allot of people that restored Mopars and as a girl I never wanted to restore one of those. Then I call it a miracle the little Capri fell in our lap for only a couple hundred dollars. I knew the car before I got married to my husband and before my 18 daughter drove a coworker and the people she used to babysit for used to drive her in it 0ver 5 years ago. I have always loved this car!!! Now it is MINE!!!

Bellevue is suburb of Omaha.

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »

Lets hope your car is ready to roll for next years annual Gathering (The Largest Gathering of Capri Convertible Enthusiasts in the Country).  You can caravan up with Cory of 2nerfixx.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?