TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: has anyone ever put mud flaps on the rear? I did here's the pic  (Read 4195 times)

Donnie

has anyone ever put mud flaps on the rear? I did here's the pic
« on: January 16, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »

Hey,
 I just wanted to post a pic of my car after I added the front mudflaps from the wrecked capri to the rear of my Capri. I didnt want to go with aftermarket cause then they wouldnt match and would have 2 gray and 2 black or would have to replace all of them. So I got out the drill last nite and made the holes in the rear bumper cover (only can use 3 of the mounting points when adding them to the rear) I think it looks pretty good. I am going to buy some aftermarket ones for the car before I get it painted, belive they will be painted the same color as the car also just not sure yet.

[*img]http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/494000-494999/494398_78_full.jpg
[*/img]

Donnie  

Donnie

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

[*img]http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/494000-494999/494398_78_full.txt
[*/img]

Donnie

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

Ok well I give up dont recall how I got the pic to work on here last time anyways,

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/494398
2nd page last 3 pics are of it with the flaps

Donnie  

Carolina_Guy

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »

Very nice looking Capri..

Paul G.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »

Donnie,
  Your Capri is looking good. You made off like a bandit with the donor car for parts, especially the wheels. I like the idea of the mud flaps on the rear. How hard was it to fit up did you have to trim any of it? I might try that when I get my Capri back from the shop. Hopefully I can get some pics posted of my project capri.
                Paul
Paul G.
92 Mercury Capri (Red - N/A): SOLD
1963 VW Bug Lowrider

Donnie

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 05:38:00 AM »

No the mudflaps was trimmed off at all. I just pulled them off the old front fender and drilled the holes for the mounting into the bumper cver and stuck them on there. You can only use 3 of the mouting holes from what I did tho. Yes the capri had been coming along really well up till say this eve, Somehow while it was parked outside my grage door in the drive way( I got a spot the size of say a soft ball dent into the drivers door(is a scrape spot tho!) then a few mints ago I was moving it from the garage and the shifter dont work right on my Capri so 50% of the time it has to start in Netural, so i cranked her up and shift her back(which would be drive since i was in netural) and blamo right into the cement wall of the garage(well lucky there was a old Pepsi rack from one of my stores there and a extra capri rim)but it still mared the front bumper up. I am still going on the thoughts of getting rid of the capri again as no one around here wants to even work on it for me, and its getting old and parts arent there anymore(this board is AWESOME tho!) Its one of the best Forum's I have ever been in with so much talk and feeback on matter its simply the best!

Donnie  

Paul G.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 05:19:00 AM »

Don't give up on it...You made progress with the parting between the cars. I have the same dilemna, My N/A gears(5spd.)locked up and would only go in gear with the motor off. In gear in launched forward. It has sat in the yard for a month not moving. I changed out the master and slave cylinders and neither was the problem. Finally got the shop down the road to come tow it and try to fix the problem. It was discouraging and yes I thought about selling, but I am going to put more $$ in it and kep it...is fun to drive and a gas saver compared to my '03 GMC Envoy.
Paul G.
92 Mercury Capri (Red - N/A): SOLD
1963 VW Bug Lowrider

xr2fast

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »

u think maybe clutch pressure plate assymbly?