TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Stock Door Trim??  (Read 4016 times)

CapriProject

Stock Door Trim??
« on: July 18, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »

Is there a source for the 'rubber' door guard strips? The strips that are black rubber with the little red rubber above it... Is there a place that still sells them?

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Stock Door Trim??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »

If you cannot find them new I have access to used ones... email Russ at cougar1prod@comcast.net
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

David Young

• 1993 XR2
Stock Door Trim??
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »

I have a nice used set in a box that is currently in the way.  I will double check it tonight if you are interested?
David A. Young

CapriProject

Stock Door Trim??
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »

Thanks... I just sent Russ an email before checking this forum's posts. I agreed to his price & am now just waiting for his reply as to how he wants to be paid.  If for any reason this falls through I'll let you know but I wouldn't want to go back on my 'verbal' agreement with him.

CapriProject

Stock Door Trim??
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »

Taken care of. Just sent PayPal funds to Russ so it looks like my search is over (on this part)
Much thanks

David Young

• 1993 XR2
Stock Door Trim??
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 03:01:00 AM »

No problem.  I just happened to read your post and say to myself, "Hey, I have a complete set in the garage that I need to do something with."  If anybody else needs them I have them...all 6 pieces.
David A. Young

Colorado1

Stock Door Trim??
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »

I'm looking around for where to get the weatherstrip for doors- while waiting for funds to get a hard top. May as well get that done too when I can. Anyone know of any sources for new molding? Or even what universal stuff works?