TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: CV Boots from 323  (Read 2014 times)

crshbndct

• None till tomorrow
CV Boots from 323
« on: May 23, 2014, 07:54:23 PM »

Am I correct in thinking that the CV boots from a 1600 B6T DOHC Turbo BF Familia/323(Model Code BFMP) will fit the Capri Turbo?

I am asking because I need to change mine, and the parts shops don't list any capri stuff, or it has the same part numbers as Mazda stuff but is 3x the price.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:00:06 PM by crshbndct »

CapriXR2

Re: CV Boots from 323
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:19:07 PM »

It is the same chassis I dont see why It would be a different part. Try cross referencing the part #s, If they are different stick with the capri parts. I got my CV axles through Oreillys when I worked there. I had to special order them for the XR2.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: CV Boots from 323
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »

New Zealand may be a different animal with aftermarket, but we can still get inexpensive rebuilt/new axles here for the XR2. Yes, they're the same as the 88/89 mazda 323 GT (you're right it has to be the turbo FWD sedan, awd is different & sohc/nonturbo are different)

Some newer Kias use an interchangeable axle on the driverside, but the passenger side lacks the intermediate shaft.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"