TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Reef green 94, what should I do with it?  (Read 1221 times)

Jason423

• 1994 reef green capri
Reef green 94, what should I do with it?
« on: January 31, 2022, 09:11:25 PM »

I just got this reef green 94 capri with 103k miles. I kinda just got it for a sunny day summer car, but I'm seeing a lot of people posting with issues with theirs. I know it's an old car, but are they really bad?  It's currently sitting in my garage, where it will probably stay until April or may. It's unlikely I'll put more than 2,000 miles a year on it. I just want to know if it's worth keeping for that reason or if I should just flip it. Timing belt was done at 80k, BTW.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: Reef green 94, what should I do with it?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 08:09:24 AM »

Greetings Jason, you have a rare model there. They are great little cars, based on the 1988 Mazda 323GT. As such they can be dependable cars. I have one with over 200K on it and it's been to Florida and Pennsylvania and Indiana from NC in recent years. The problem is just what you described. Non-use. Yours has averaged less than 4,000 miles per year. Cars don't like sitting. They are 30 years old and suffer from sitting around just like people do. I have one with only 13K on it but it sat for 20 years and I can't get it to run. There aren't really any design flaws in them, all you have to do is maintain them. Get it out and drive it occasionally all year. Being a member here is great because it'll give you answers to questions and access to parts that are difficult or impossible to find anywhere else. Parts suppliers often don't list parts for them because they are so rare. Turn you search to 1988 Mazda 323GT if nothing is listed under Carpi. Not the 323GTX though!

Welcome to the community.

PS: what may be a design flaw is the H/V/AC, it's not the best in the world.....lol
Jack Byrd

Jason423

• 1994 reef green capri
Re: Reef green 94, what should I do with it?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 06:56:07 AM »

Thanks. It seems like it'll be a dub to drive car for the foreseeable future.