TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Alternator, Starter, P/S Pump, and Rack  (Read 1179 times)

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
Alternator, Starter, P/S Pump, and Rack
« on: June 12, 2022, 06:34:04 PM »

Sorry guys, I know it's a bunch of unrelated parts...but it all falls into the general category of "hard to replace" parts due to availability. As far as the rack and P/S pump, all I see is the option to send yours out and have it re-built. There are kits to replace all of the rubber seals, though. The starter and alternator have options available, but I've heard rumors of fitment issues with both. I saw a few alternator bearings for sale.

My questions are thus; does anyone know of a starter and/or alternator that will for sure fit our cars and is available? How about a P/S pump or rack? Has anyone had any success getting parts and rebuilding any of these parts? Can they be found new or re-built for sale in places I haven't yet found? Thanks for the help guys!

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: Alternator, Starter, P/S Pump, and Rack
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 06:50:40 PM »

I have my alternators rebuilt locally at a motor shop. Currently the P/S pump is available rebuilt by Cardone from Rockauto. There is a large selection of starters available from Rockauto right now also. The major item I've found not available is the brake master cylinder. I'm working with a guy in Australia right not on getting rebuild kits shipped stateside. Hope this helps.
Jack Byrd