Classifieds > Capri Parts

blackout projector headlights.

<< < (3/3)

mr_gr1mm:
Thanks greywolf! So I was doing even more reading and found out that the h4 bulb that I'm looking at buying is not a HID, but rather a halogen bulb. In fact, it has the same ratings as a H4656 sealed beam Halogen bulb (12v 55W). It even looks like it has the same connectors... so based on this, I don't think a relay would be required, would it? Is this bulb a simple drop and replace?

greywolf27030:

--- Quote from: mr_gr1mm on November 11, 2021, 07:00:46 PM ---Thanks greywolf! So I was doing even more reading and found out that the h4 bulb that I'm looking at buying is not a HID, but rather a halogen bulb. In fact, it has the same ratings as a H4656 sealed beam Halogen bulb (12v 55W). It even looks like it has the same connectors... so based on this, I don't think a relay would be required, would it? Is this bulb a simple drop and replace?

--- End quote ---

Should be okay, regular headlights benefit from relays also.

EShepherd:
Don't let yourself be intimidated by relays, they are quite simple, and knowing how to use them opens up a whole world of opportunities.

Think of them like a simple on/off switch. That's really all they are. They just use low current to switch a high current circuit. 4-pin relays are dead simple to use. Check out a couple videos on the Youtubes, you'll learn a bunch.

mr_gr1mm:
So I managed to finally purchase and install my new headlights.. I hit a couple of unexpected snags during the install, hoping someone out there can provide a little guidance (sorry if my explanation is not the best):

1) The replacement h4 bulbs do not mate with the existing headlight socket
2) I know I need a relay kit, and I feel pretty confident I can install one, I just don't know which kit would be best. It seems they are designed to install in place using the existing socket, so I'm a bit confused given the fact that I now need new sockets for the replacement bulbs. I'm also not sure what the amperage rating of the relay kit needs to be.

At any rate, here are what the headlights look like mounted.. I can't wait to get them wired up!
https://imgur.com/gallery/mcrdKzI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version