TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: White lettered tires  (Read 3326 times)

Ken G

White lettered tires
« on: June 24, 2012, 02:25:00 AM »

Has anybody seen any tire maker that makes white lettered tires that will fit the standard wheel for the Capri ? Tried calling all around without any luck.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
White lettered tires
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 09:13:00 AM »

Did you see this thread?  http://teamcapri.com/capri-gi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001952

I believe these to be stock steel wheels (relatively rare) that have been painted. He's running white sidewall tires though

Most of the white lettered tires I've seen are on RWD vehicles with real fat rear tires
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Ken G

White lettered tires
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »

Those wheels are not the ones I have. Mine are the ones that are factory and are on all the 1991 XR2s. Not really looking for whitewalls either. Used to be able to get white lettered tires for just about any car. My generation grew up with them along with the muscle cars of the 60s and 70s as are first cars. Got kind of used to white lettered tires. Now you rarely see them. I think they would really look great on a Capri.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
White lettered tires
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »

No those are the steel wheels which are also OEM, I believe they are the same size as the alloys though
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

cj cooley

White lettered tires
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »

i know what he means! i grew up with goodyear eagles on alot of cars sporting the white letters(and yes they were big and fat on the back, rocket!) people started going for the sporty euro look and started turning the white letters inside and they are usually found only for offroad now, but i bet there are some still available.

kraversxr2

White lettered tires
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »

Ken G,
It is fairly easy to paint the letters on the tires.  Almost all tires have raised letters, it's just that they're not painted.  If you brush lightly over them with a brush it only makes contact with the raised parts.  Or you can fill in the void to make block bold letters.  Most cities have people that do this for car lots to help spruce up used cars for sale.  In my town There is a guy that does paintless dent repair and also paints the letters on tires.  Check with some of the dealerships and ask around you may find someone in your area that does this.  If you can't find anyone, it really isn't that hard to do yourself.  It just takes a little time.  Good Luck,  Kevin