Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

ADJUSTING THE IDLE

(1/2) > >>

annie151:
My car is running at almost 1500 RPM.  Before I adjust the idle, per the manual.  Is there a solenoid, relay, or valve that I should check or replace.

JJ:
engine timing can really affect this as well. Just be sure it's set properly as described in the manual. And even when you think it's set properly, may not be as was in my case. 4 years later I find all the problems with my car were just due to the fact it was mistimed, even though the timing had been set/checked 4-5 times by the shop. go figure.

I believe a vacuum leak can also affect this. there's a hose going to the throttle body or somewhere up there that's becoming notorious for getting a pinhole or split on the bottom where it's hard to see.

Gus Kelley:
Hey Annie! If you can, you might employ ricksservice if you continue to have problems.  Good Luck  Gus

annie151:
Hello Gus.

I am not too familiar with service centers...I usually try working on the vechiles myself.  But if worse comes to worse where is this Rick Service located...do you have a web site?  And, I am assuming he is very experienced with Capris?

Ricksservice:
Hey Annie,

Ricks Service is located in Medaryville, IN (where the Mid America Capri Gathering is at this year).   You are welcome to bring your car and come share in the activities for the Gathering on August 16th.  Let me know if you would like to attend.   Rick could talk to you about it, but probably would not be able to look at it that day (to much going on).  

As for knowledge on the Aussie Capri's...we have 23 Capri's total (8 of them are parts cars).   We are fixing 6 of them up to sell, so others can enjoy this wonderful convertible as much as we enjoy them!

If you can not figure it out, let us know... We would be more than happy to help.  But I would go through the normal idle speed adjustments per the service manual first...  Let us know...if we can help!   Keep us updated....
Rick and Cheryl Stone

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version