Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

What oil are you running?

(1/5) > >>

1992xr2:
Hey everyone,
As the time to get the beast into the shop comes near I am contemplating the possible causes for my catastrophic oil seal failure.  Essentially every oil seal in the car let loose all at once at high rpm/speed.  I think that this might be related to switching to Mobil 1 so I was wondering what oil you all are running/recommend?  Or any insights as to why my oil seals went pop.

Gus Kelley:
Hey XR2! I think it was stated earlier as to what caused your problem. It's not the oil viscosity but you may have had a problem with your breather or smog valve plugging up and you pressurised the crankcase and then blu your seals. I run 15/40 and 20/50.  Gus.

fayzaldean:
is mobil 1 synthetic??

1992xr2:
Yeah, I think I was the one who said that?  Any ways, that's why I have a catch can now.  I just thought that I should cover all possibilities.  And I was more wondering synthetic versus dino and high detergent versus low detergent.
EDIT: yes M1 is synthetic

Gus Kelley:
Hey XR2! I don't know about mobil one specific but many of your "synthetics" are not but are ultra refined dinos. And yes I had the reich ECU in place at the time of my incident. Please note I will always recomend Rocketman's ECU from now on. REICH is a Jackass and cannot be trusted to provide what one pays for. There have been enough complaints on that and him not making good.  Gus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version