TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: June 01, 2022, 07:39:39 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by EShepherd
All the wiring diagrams are on Tech Capri

https://www.techcapri.com/Wiring.html

I think it's been a while since I said it, but you are my absolute hero man. Thanks a billion!

on: June 01, 2022, 03:19:55 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by Rocketman
All the wiring diagrams are on Tech Capri

https://www.techcapri.com/Wiring.html

on: May 31, 2022, 12:13:20 PM 
Started by phoenix827 - Last post by EShepherd
I think that's how we all started. One pops up on Craigslist for pocket change. They look neat and sound quick on paper.

One thing leads to another, and you have no money and your wife is leaving you, but you have a garage full of car parts. It's a tale as old as time.

Welcome to the club bud

on: May 31, 2022, 10:31:16 AM 
So I was mulling over my whole missing relay situation, and I had an epiphany. I'm a automotive technician by trade, but I work for Nissan. No factory service manuals for a Capri for me. However, our used car guy does have a subscription to either All Data or Mitchell Pro Demand...I forget which. I'm out of state for training until Thursday, but I'm gonna have him try to dig up factory wiring diagram for me.

If I can't find diagrams, I'm going to need to trace the whole circuit by hand to try and figure out a way to work around the missing relay. I really, really don't want to be forced to do that. I might start looking harder at stand alone ECUs st that point, and wiring the rest of the car through a PDM setup.

on: May 31, 2022, 08:03:56 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by greywolf27030
This is great.

on: May 30, 2022, 05:12:14 PM 
I've got all but 2 of the freeze plugs out. Two of them are pretty mangled up now and sort of stuck in their bores. I'm still confident I'll get them out, but a brand new 2" deep hole in my hand put a pretty big stop on my first attempt at removal. I've had several new parts show up over the last week: front swaybar bushings and endlinks, front lower ball joints, front outer tie rods, and even both front lower control arms. The ones I ordered are for an '89 Mazda 323GT. They look right, but I haven't had the chance yet to pull the old ones off and check. Just trying to clean up all the issues I've spotted with the car so far. Like, everything made of rubber. I also got all new freeze plugs, the Indian Head gasket maker, and even the Stinger tool to try and help me put the new plugs in. I have a better (steel) intake manifold gasket coming, with new hardware to bolt it down. I have a set of studs and nuts bookmarked for the exhaust side, but am still debating  on if I'll pull that trigger.

Still trying to find wiring information or a source for my missing relay situation

on: May 28, 2022, 10:26:07 AM 
Started by NEDREBEL - Last post by greywolf27030
Welcome, I had a similar no start problem with my first Capri and it was a broken wire in the area Matt mentioned, good luck.

on: May 28, 2022, 10:22:15 AM 
Started by KTM520EXC - Last post by greywolf27030
I think the electrical connection is to increase idle speed when you turn on the A/C. As for wheel bearings, there is a procedure you go through to measure for the bearing spacer to determine preload. There is a special tool required and 21 different spacers. Just replacing bearings with new bearings without the correct spacer might cause premature bearing failure (common) or you might get lucky.

on: May 28, 2022, 10:12:33 AM 
Started by KTM520EXC - Last post by greywolf27030
It mounts on the passenger end of the intake manifold, it has water lines, air lines, and an electrical connection going to it. I've never had any success cleaning it but worth a try. The N/A and turbo use different ones, so specify. The normal symptom for a clogged IAC is constant high idle like the engine is cold. Hope this helps.

on: May 28, 2022, 10:03:42 AM 
Started by phoenix827 - Last post by greywolf27030
Welcome, I bought one on a lark for almost nothing, got it running and sold it. Now have three, it's a disease.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]