TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
 on: July 26, 2022, 09:29:54 PM 
Started by Cat - Last post by Cat
Thanks!  There can't be very many of these with low mileage in this condition.

on: July 24, 2022, 08:24:20 AM 
Started by Cat - Last post by greywolf27030
Super nice car, good luck.

on: July 23, 2022, 07:37:44 PM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by EShepherd
Wish I had room for something like that.

I barely have room, but I'll make the thing fit if it means being able to work on my car at home. It's probably going to be pretty cramped, but I can't find anything bigger for under around $800

on: July 23, 2022, 02:03:34 PM 
Started by Cat - Last post by Cat
1991 Capri XR2 turbo with 34,000 miles in excellent condition.  All original, no mods or changes.  Soft top looks new and original hard top in factory storage holder with cover included.  Also, a car cover is included.  Always run on premium gas, and currently using Penn Grade motor oil to protect the turbo.

I was not able to post photos here, so please refer to my ad on Craigslist to see photos.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/arvada-1991-mercury-capri-xr2-turbo/7509222614.html

on: July 23, 2022, 08:49:23 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by greywolf27030
Wish I had room for something like that.

on: July 23, 2022, 07:19:00 AM 
https://www.homedepot.com/p/ShelterLogic-10-ft-W-x-15-ft-D-x-8-ft-H-PE-Garage-without-Floor-in-Tan-w-Patented-Stabilizers-and-Best-in-Class-Tightening-62681-0/202718928

Check this out! If you look in the pictures, you'll see a mid-2000's Ford Focus fits quite nicely in there. My hope is that if I back the Capri in, and push it into a corner, I'll have both room to work on her as well as room to store all my lawn stuff and my kid's toys. It's pretty small, but it's cheap and it looks sturdy. I'd love to put up a pole barn or a real garage, but the terrain here isn't really suited for that. This has an 8 foot ceiling, and that's going to be butting up against the trees. It's also going to be right up against my (tiny) house, and a few feet in front of a small cliff and some woods. What I'm saying is, this is the only good option I really have. I even got the wife's blessing!

on: July 20, 2022, 07:20:53 PM 
Small life update guys. I just finished moving my family from our tiny basement studio apartment to a small two-bedroom house. The freedom it has afforded both myself, my son, and my wife really can not be overstated. As of right now, my Capri is still in the garage and on the lift at the house I moved from. It's only ten minutes away. It's not the end of the world to drive over to work on it. That being said, I am now saving/shopping for a portable garage. Basically a giant tent I can fit my car and tools in, then work on it even in the dark or the rain. That should happen hopefully within a month or two.

I'd LOVE to get the damn thing started before then, to avoid the hassle of towing it across town. It's the same as it was when I last posted. I can crank it by jumping power to the red/black wire on the starter. Turning the key to start does nothing. My alternator is also unplugged at the moment, as it was causing my 80A main fuse to blow. Does anyone have any ideas? Sucks to be so close and yet still so stuck.

on: July 20, 2022, 05:43:12 PM 
Started by KTM520EXC - Last post by KTM520EXC
So I purchased the HPR059 radiator and am having fitment issues. The radiator is quite a bit thicker

than the stocker. My issues is the condenser hose line that goes pretty much against the radiator

in the engine bay. I can not get to fit due to this hose. How did any of you get it fitted.

Did you do an A/C delete ???

https://www.amazon.com/HPR059-Aluminum-Radiator-Automatic-Transmission/dp/B00FG8GDDO

Any help appreciated !!!

Thanks Michael !!!

on: July 20, 2022, 09:06:46 AM 
Started by JimmyGermany - Last post by greywolf27030
Oh no! I'm getting the same thing, I'm trying to save a car with only 13K miles on it that set for over 20 years and corrosion has taken hold of it.  One problem after the other.

on: July 19, 2022, 02:07:10 PM 
Started by JimmyGermany - Last post by GermanXR2
The Merc is kidding me.

The headlights work two days .... now the same.....blind on one eye.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10