TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:42:31 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by EShepherd
Are you still thinking about and aftermarket Ecu? I really want to do it but I'm still not confident. If you end up installing one you will have to do a installation post I can follow!

Eventually, I may end up doing that. I definitely plan to break in the rebuild at the factory power level. Then I want to have Rocketman put his chip in there. Depending on how that feels, I may just stick with that. If, however, I can find a way to bolt a less fragile transaxle to this engine....well that will be when I start seriously looking into an aftermarket ECU. I figure a beefy trans, a custom exhaust manifold, and a modern turbo....that'd be a rocket ship. I do have quite a few bridges to cross before I'm ready for all of that, though.

on: Today at 01:13:29 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by Aus Capri
Are you still thinking about and aftermarket Ecu? I really want to do it but I'm still not confident. If you end up installing one you will have to do a installation post I can follow!

on: Today at 12:57:28 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by Aus Capri
Good to see it all coming together, post a vid on youtube when it's running I'm keep to see how it sounds with the polished head. I found posting stuff to YouTube and linking it here to be the easiest way to put stuff up here.

on: June 30, 2022, 10:50:48 AM 
Started by johnpic - Last post by johnpic
Hi. I did get the Stayfast cloth soft top I mentioned previously. It looks great but after reading ALL the installation steps I am wondering whether or not I want to attempt it alone. Anyone know someone in the Lehigh Valley, PA area who has done this before? I would like to assist someone who has experience in installing one or, if that doesn't work out, may even consider taking it to a shop to have it professionally done. Looking foward to hearing some feedback. Thanks. John

on: June 30, 2022, 10:38:52 AM 
Started by johnpic - Last post by johnpic
Hi all. Someone from Kansas saw the article about my car in the Reminisce Extra magazine & gave me a call. He somehow missed the part in the article where I said I have a hardtop & wanted me to know he recently saw one for sale. He said it was on the roll-away carrier but I couldn't tell by the photos whether or not it was the one Ford supplied. Anyway, he found it at a flea market & said it is listed at just $250!!! From what I can tell from my un-smart flip phone, it is blue, has the dome light, & the headliner looks new. If anyone is interested, the address & phone number are; Vendors Village, 706 E Lewis & Clark Parkway, Clarksville, Indiana 47129. Booth 72. (812)924-7919.

on: June 29, 2022, 05:28:47 PM 
Started by Cat - Last post by Cat
I have one working now, but the other needs a new socket.  Does anyone know if they are even still available?

on: June 22, 2022, 07:03:25 PM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by EShepherd
The other missing electrical component I ordered off of ebay showed up, and plugged right into the car. Wish I could remember what it's called. If I ever figure out a new image host, you'll see the part number. I'm all set to put the car all the way back together and try to finish filling it with fluids this weekend. Exciting stuff...

on: June 20, 2022, 10:45:01 PM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by Andotron
I managed to reach in through the back seats with an extension on my socket and undo the bolts.
This let me open the boot (trunk)
Fixing the lock is a lot easier when you can remove it.

on: June 20, 2022, 09:01:04 PM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by Rocketman
That the one on my old XR2? It was a bit cranky, try pushing down, it needed man-handling some times

on: June 20, 2022, 08:25:22 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by greywolf27030
That's a good one. I assume you have pushed down on the trunk lid while turning the key. Drilling it out is the only thing I can think of. One of my cars requires annual applications of WD40 to keep them working, but you're beyond that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10