TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: antifreeze inside the cylinders  (Read 3718 times)

88festivasam

• http://youtube.com/88festivasam
antifreeze inside the cylinders
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »

i pulled the head off of my xr2 yesterday and each cylinder had like an inch of antifreeze inside  :(  ... but the head gasket doesnt look bad and the intake side of the turbo is dry, also the head is not cracked anywhere as far as i can see...any ideas guys? any help is appreciated! thanks

kelly270

• http://na
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »

probobly not much help but... everytime I approach my XR2, I try to empty my wallet inside the house, it seems to know when, and how much extra money I have. Then it wants it!!!
92 XR2
soon to have a new heart

Surfnut

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:12:00 AM »

Years ago my Subaru XT turbo was blowing white smoke.  I pulled the head and checked it and it looked fine to me.  I brought the head into the shop that rebuilds them and the guy checked it and found a hairline crack smaller than I could ever see.  I got another head out of the junkyard, a new gasket and the car ran like gangbusters for 3 or 4 years after that until it rotted out.

Maybe call around and see if there's a shop that'll check it for you (hopefully for FREE).  If it ends up not being cracked anywhere and it isn't warped, maybe a new head gasket will end up being a cheap fix?  
I'm sorry I can't be any real help but maybe it's a start for you ?

Good luck Brother,

Dave

bobbynahas

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »

festivasam, I have the same problem. What was the problem?