TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: got a new capri but slight problem  (Read 3188 times)

dlofc

got a new capri but slight problem
« on: February 05, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »

ok to start with no coolant/oil mix, comp. good, but the it is not blowing heat and it does not have a thermostat. the problem is the car gets to hot status but not overheated so what are some ideas to it.....will a clogged heater core cause it and does this motor overheat without a stat? and other suggestion is very welcome
1991 mercury capri xr2
black hard top with a softy
140000 miles bought for $1200

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »

i will say no, because being clogged is not different then bypassing the heater core. i would flush the system and get a new thermostat. good thing to start with
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

dlofc

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »

ok lil update i have been working with the car and a few things have been done to the car. one it was made in 08/1990 and is suppose to have numeric gauges but it has the newer style. i have read the tsb reports and i know the gauges on these things are pretty much shot. i put a candy thermometer on the thermstat housing and let my car warm up. i even drove it around alot couldnt get it to read above 150. i know that is to overly accurate but i couldnt find one of those nice infared deals but still i figured if it was running hotter then normal surely it would register hotter there. it isnt bubbling over so i guess it isnt overheating anymore. just makes me nervous having the temp gauge sitting just below the white line. thanks for the help any advice on how to accurately read the temp it is running? anyone have any luck with an aftermarket gauge? sorry for the long post
1991 mercury capri xr2
black hard top with a softy
140000 miles bought for $1200