TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: some kind of brake problem????????  (Read 2931 times)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
some kind of brake problem????????
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »

hey guys look ihave replaced on the brake capers. and the pads and the master cylender, i also blow out the brake lines with air and i have the same problem that i did, the brakes are not workin right, when the car is off and you pump the brakes they work and bleed just fine, but in the holding tank the fuild goes down then comes back up????  ok when the car is runnin the brakes bleed like there is not much pressure onthem and when you hold the petle to the floor you can feel it leaking off but there is not leak to the out side of the car nothing dripping or anything just no brake to say of and when you drive it you have to pump the brakes to stop... and most the driver front brake is the one that is working not the others??? this new master cylinder is doing same thing so can i cant believe its that... what can it be i have looked in the book nothing really to say of for this problem...   please help me lol i just got it out of paint and now i cant drive it

bryanknight

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 02:27:00 AM »

anyone lol ??

bryanknight

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 07:09:00 AM »

as of to day i rebleed the brakes using the bottle with fuild in it to make sure it was not getting air in it and they work better now but still not right i dont see a leak anywhere  so i dont know ??????

Phillip

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 08:02:00 AM »

1st. You have replaced all Calipers and the Master Cylinder is this correct?
2nd If the Master is replaced you need to “bench bleed it”. Blowing out the lines is usually a bad idea. When I did mine (all calipers new, lines new and master) we replaced all the fluid with redline synthetic. We opened the rear bleeders and let gravity drain the old fluid and pour in new as it depletes. Then the fronts the same way, just keep the reservoir topped off.
Once all lines were full we went through the process of bleeding any residual air that was left in the system. This takes 2-3 people to do manually. They have bleeder kits with a vacuum gun and waste cup but why spend the money if you don’t have to.
One of the keys is to not pump the hell out of the pedal, if there is air in the system it will foam the fluid and make it harder to bleed. Start at the furthest caliper from the master and work closer. Slowly pump it 3 times and hold it, crack the bleeder but don’t let the pedal go all the way to the floor. Wait about 15 seconds and repeat. Keep repeating until you are satisfied there isn’t any more air in the system, it took us about 15 min. each wheel. Keep checking the reservoir and don’t let it drain all the way down. Go to each wheel and repeat. We had the car on stands and all wheels off when we did it. It is easier to go back to a wheel if you aren’t satisfied of the results. You don’t need the car to be running it really doesn’t matter.
If you take you time it helps. I haven’t had any problems with mine since we did this in August.

bryanknight

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »

this makes the thrid time to day that ihave bleed those brakes i also put the car up on stands and had two people.. and i blead that rr the lf the lr then rf many times i know i have put two bottle of fuild throw that dam thing i know theres no air in it.. and i still have no pedle to speak of... and the bench bleeding is not all that i mean yeah its get some air out but u still have to bleed the brakes so its just as easy to just get fuild everyone one time not two or three lol   there also is something wrong with the rr ebrake its not hold at all so i am replacing it again and the master just to try it because everyone i know seem to thing its bleedin by in the master because each line goes to a brake and there should be not leaking down like it does when you push and hold the pedel but that stuff dont get here till saturday    so any other ideas of the cause to this problem

Phillip

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 04:12:00 AM »

Have you fixed this yet? We ran into a problem this week end, a neighbor was replacing the calipers and pads on a F150 4X4. He couldn't get the system to bleed out properly and the pedal was mushy. He came over and  asked for some help. As soon as my friend saw it he started laughing. The guy switched sides with the calipers and the bleeder was pointing down. Of course the fluid came out but the air was trapped in the upper portion of the cylinder and wouldn’t purge out. I don’t know if we can even swap sides on our cars but it seems plausible?? The bleeder has to be pointing up so the air rises in the caliper and is purged out when bleeding it.

littlegaygreen

• http://myspace.com/bobbyjbrown
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 05:14:00 AM »

pull the vacum hose off the booster and see if the petal is hard if it is i dont know but if its soft you need a new booster
93 xr2, cone filter,no cruise,boost gauge,ALL NEW IGNITION AND STILL RUNS LIKE POOPY

\\"\\"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.\\"\\" (STOLEN QUOTE)