General > Build Threads

The 1992 XR2 (SOLD)

<< < (2/4) > >>

CapriXR92814:
I figured it's been quite awhile since I updated you all on my Capri. Since it's cooling down for a coolant flush I figured I would have enough time to type out a few lines and pound some images into your retinas. Updates that I have not taken pictures of are a MBC, gauge, and un-pictured new tires. Thankfully cops aren't on my ass about inspection around here; staties would nail me though. That's getting done tomorrow! I did take apart the headlight motor and it worked for a few weeks until it stopped one night. My guess is I used industrial heavy equipment grease instead of a conductive kind? I am hoping, and what are my options for gauge mounting? I scored a sweet Auto meter off of eBay for $25 and got her hooked up yesterday.

Looking for that Rocketchip Rocketman  ;D
Feast your eyes upon this beaut.

Drove her 75 miles on all four rubbers looking like this  :-X

She has that war-torn look to her in my opinion.

Now for the underside which I'm very surprised is as nice as it is for having 139,xxx and being in lovely PA.

Trackerrrr:
Good score for $600. You should plan on replacing those hard brake lines when you do the rubber ones, they'll never come off without twisting in two with that corrosion.

greywolf27030:
Looks good for PA.

Jack Byrd

CapriXR92814:
Just replaced the fuel filter, a thermostat, radiator cap, and a temperature switch in hopes of having heat. Haven't had time to test completely.

jdp:
The levers that control the blender box and heat are plastic and tend to break.   You might want to check those out if you are not getting heat. 

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version