General > Build Threads

My first Capri, 1991 N/A

<< < (2/12) > >>

greywolf27030:
Good job.

jdp:
amazing what a little spit and shine will do.   looking much better than first post.  good job.

Trackerrrr:
Day 21

Well, I've been slowly tackling little stuff like flushing brakes and fixing lights. I've been starting the car every weekend but it's been running rougher each time so I decided to pull the valve cover and see how clean or dirty the insides are and this is what I found:

So the head is coming off to be cleaned and I'll be pulling the oil pan and cleaning it too. I really hate POs sometimes. I cut the old timing belt off and ditched the old tensioner and idler as the bearings were shot in those too. I really should have power washed the engine first before pulling it apart too...

Trackerrrr:
And the head is off.

SHOwn:
Woooow! I've never seen an engine so sludged up! My dad, a mechanic for more than 50 years said he worked at a Ford dealer in the early 70's for a short time and all they were doing at the time was de-sludging engines because of changes to the thermostats that year. I think they were running them hotter, but I don't remember exactly what he said.

Regardless, that engine is going to need a thurough cleaning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version