TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Removing gearbox from motor, can the intermediate shaft stay in the gearbox?  (Read 1654 times)

Aus Capri

• 1989 Capri Turbo

Hi I'm pulling my motor to do clutch, piston rings, gaskets and front/rear seals, I have read rocketman's run-down on how to pull the motor, though I am concerned about the part where he says if when you remove the intermediate shaft, to wire up the spider gears in the diff with wire.

My question is can I take the gearbox of the motor whilst keeping the intermediate shaft still in the gearbox as to not need to worry about dropping the gears inside the gearbox?

Rocketman🚀  thank you for the run down on how to pull the motor it will help me heaps! You are the man!

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2

Yeah, he's the man.
Jack Byrd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com

Hah, no problem. Yes I believe you can leave the int. shaft in the transmission but it makes it a bit unwieldy
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"