General > Build Threads

'91 Capri XR-2 Resto-Mod

<< < (96/96)

greywolf27030:
They were mid 2000's I think. I just cut the tracks off, added a spacer and welded on some Capri tracks. I don't have an account to post pictures on here, sorry.

EShepherd:
Last time I posted in this thread was 7 months ago, and I was still going on about seats back then. Well I finally got around to pulling the passenger seat out of my car - it's been giving me issues. The back likes to collapse, and the forward/rearward adjustment won't lock into place. Makes for an interesting ride for my wife.

Me being me, I then pulled the entire seat apart. Couldn't help myself lol. I'm pretty confident I could fix the adjusters if I wanted to...but holy crap is this thing gross guys. I dunno if it's the foam breaking down, or the wires and frame rusting, or the skin or dirt trapped in it, but there's SO MUCH red/brown dirt inside of this thing. Most of the hog rings disintegrated when I touched them, and the wire base is also falling apart.

I'll probably still waste my time trying to restore this seat, but now I'm also very much in the market for a pair of seats. I'm open to ideas.

Oh also, I've put 180 miles on the car now since the rebuild. Few hundred more and I can finally open her up all the way  ;D

greywolf27030:
Glad to hear it's going well for you. I lucked up on some MB SLK seats. They are power and heavy, but very comfortable and hold you in place for vigorous driving. I removed the MB tracks, installed a tubing spacer and Capri tracks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version