TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Power Mode  (Read 2780 times)

Nex813

Power Mode
« on: June 12, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »

As I was replacing the lamps in the cluster, I noticed 2 lamps, 1 was the Manual Shift lamp, which I assume if the shift light, the other is a "Power Mode" lamp. This I am confused about, what is it or what it indicates.

rcdraco

Power Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »

The manual shift light is for the automatic transmission capri's.  Apparently they can be shifted in a manual mode somehow, I'm not sure of the details on it.  Power Mode is probably a light left over from another idea, probably to integrate a staged boost setup, to use the other 5 psi left on the gauge.  Or maybe from some other crazier idea.

Nex813

Power Mode
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »

Looks like i will be wiring my cluster lamp then. Since I no longer have A/C, I'll relabel the switch and make it turn that power mode lamp on and maybe control the 2 stage boost controller I'm installing. That manual shift lamp, I'll just leave alone then because I have a shift light that I can use.

rcdraco

Power Mode
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »

Actually just googled it.  Power mode apparently is also part of the auto transmission, for power and towing it claims, but all the books say DO NOT TOW WITH THIS CAR, so I don't know what it would be for.