TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Head Gasket  (Read 3875 times)

CapriManxr2

• 1991 Capri XR2
Head Gasket
« on: September 24, 2023, 02:16:24 PM »

So I'm in the middle of rebuilding my engine and I realized that on the head gasket, the holes for the coolant galleys are waaaaay smaller on the gasket than the block. I am looking around the internet and I can't find a head gasket with holes the same shape/size as the coolant galleys. are the coolant galley holes small on the head gasket to slow down flow or do I have the wrong head gasket?

CapriManxr2

• 1991 Capri XR2
Re: Head Gasket
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 02:30:07 PM »

Heres a video of the head gasket and the galley holes not matching sizes. https://imgur.com/a/Uxk4FAp

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
Re: Head Gasket
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 05:59:17 AM »

Do you not have 2 dowel pins in your cylinder head? The way you lay that gasket down, it doesn't look correct. It should be a little tight getting the gasket onto the dowels. If my memory is right (it might not be), there was a dowel that dropped into a hole for a head bolt in the front left and right rear corners of the block/head. Those will hold the gasket in place. If you dig through my long post in the builds thread, at some point I had to run to a mazda dealership and buy the dowels, so there should be a part # in there.

If you do have the 2 dowels on, then yeah something doesn't look right to me.