TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Clutch Slave Cylinder  (Read 2918 times)

Greg_B

Clutch Slave Cylinder
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:18:53 AM »

Anything tricky about the replacement?  Looks pretty straightforward but sometimes that can be a warning  :-\
Greg

BlewitUp

Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 03:36:35 PM »

Just replaced mine.  Two bolts.  It was leaking inside the dust cover.  No wonder i couldnt find a leak.  I replaced the line too.  3/16" with double flare at both ends.  I just left the old line in the car where it was except for the where it has a mount under the battery.  I pulled the batt. to undo the line from the master.  I didn't use flex hose.  One solid piece.  Probably not the best idea since the engine/trans moves around.  Don't be a cheap ass like me!

Greg_B

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 02:01:19 PM »

Forgot to ask, top it off with regular brake fluid?
Greg

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 09:54:49 AM »

Forgot to ask, top it off with regular brake fluid?

yes

blueamber

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 12:09:58 PM »

As a general rule, replace the master also if you have the $$.  The seals on the master are probably just as old as the leaky seals on the slave, do them both and you'll never have to mess with the brake hydraulic system for another 100k miles...Chris

Greg_B

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 10:20:01 AM »

I thought about it, but it goes in for PA State inspection next week.  Did not want to get stuck and have the inspection run out.

Did the slave cylinder, what a pain in the **s.  At least the trans/motor support frame catches the bolts when you drop them  ;)
Greg