TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: master brake cylinder low pressure sensor  (Read 3498 times)

D.Hall

master brake cylinder low pressure sensor
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:34:00 AM »

Does anyone know how to correctly insert the actuator pin for the low pressure sensor on the brake master cylinder? I bled everthing and thought that I assembled it correctly but the warning light stays on. The brakes seem to work fine and there are no leaks. The online manual doesn't have enough detail. Any help (pictures?) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 05:36:00 AM »

Did you static bleed the MC before installation? (bleed the MC in a vise on the bench, etc?)

The MC itself is hard to get air bubbles out if you're starting dry
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

D.Hall

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 05:42:00 AM »

I did bench bleed it. Then I bled eack line with a vaccuum pump. I put about 30 miles of stop & go driving and had no problems. I unpluged the sensor until I get this figured out. The emergency brake being set still turns on the light. The actuator pin shown in the manual shows the point going into the base of the cylinder and the rounded end into the metal clip in the sensor plug. There is no indication of how the little piston inside the port is to be set (if that makes sense.)

mazdacapri

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »

one time i bled my brakes with the parking brake on. that was funny, not funny haha, funny queer. the light turned off when i rebled the brakes with the parking brake off

D.Hall

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 02:16:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I hardly, if ever, set the emergency brake but I see how it could give you a problem. I'm still looking for some technical help from anyone about this problem.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »

I've never tore apart the master cylinder before to see how it's assembled. I have a spare MC here if you're interested in it

The paper FSM has some info regarding the sensor:

21. Check position of pressure differential pistons through switch hole. There must be enough clearance between pistons for switch actuation rod installation
22. Install pressure warning switch and switch actuation rod. Screw switch in until detents contact cylinder housing then tighten one-half additional turn.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"