TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: pics of my BOV install  (Read 6101 times)

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
pics of my BOV install
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 01:37:00 AM »

i live exactly 30 mins from where i work... and i drive my capri everyday and i fill my gas tank every 4 days.... but i dont take it easy neither...

450cc injectors and 16-18 psi sucks some serious 93 octane down bud....

actually i had a little piece of shit get stuck to the ball in my boost controller...  held it open so that the car ran at 10-12psi  and wouldnt boost any higher... the car went 6 days on a tank (all 6 work days) then i cleaned my boost controller and im back to every 4 days..
but im also back to 16-18psi...

220hp@18psi

kelly270

• http://na
pics of my BOV install
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »

Yeah, the gas thing was really never an issue, it just cracked me up, when I read about how others are getting almost twice what I get! I try to keep my foot out of it, besides when I want mileage, I drive my storm! There was a guy in town that actually had an 11 second storm, i never saw or heard it! There is a guy who runs drifters here in town, he is the only one I know of that works on turbos! I went by his shop the other day, and he obviously heard my BOV, he and his partner both perked up and looked real hard at the red rocket!
I have read through Corky's "maximum boost" book, it helped me to understand the working basics.
Heres a quick shot of the first one I bought that started the whole thing.
92 XR2
soon to have a new heart

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
pics of my BOV install
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »

i like that...drop an SR20DET in that thing i bet it would scream
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible