TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: WTB: Turbo!  (Read 2666 times)

WampaStompa

WTB: Turbo!
« on: November 22, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »

pretty sure my turbo is toast! I rather not get rid of my xr2 :(

So if anyone has a good working turbo for sale ready to bolt on, shoot me an offer!

I am located in Tumwater, Washington.

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
Re: WTB: Turbo!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 03:48:03 PM »

Hey there! Glad to see someone else form my part of the country on here(I'm in Vancouver, WA).

What leads you to believe your turbo is bad? It may be something that can be repaired rather than replacing the whole thing.

I don't have a whole working turbo available, but I do have some good parts that may help.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

azgtx

• Old-Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 03:30:12 PM »

I have a good low mile VJ14 that came from a 60k mile car. 175.00 + shipping.

WampaStompa

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:32:51 PM »

Sorry for the lack of response, i've been so busy with the holidays and work that I havent had the time to do anything with the car.

So the turbo stopped spooling, heard something rattling around and that went away, going to take the turbo off (any quick guides on that to make it easier?) and inspect it within the next few days and i'll post some pictures.

JJ

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 09:11:57 PM »

not sure if the best way or if I just got lucky. i was replacing the radiator and the manifold, so we wound up removing the radiator/fan  and then removed the manifold/turbo at the same time. that wasn't too terrible. once off, probably easier to work with the turbo itself rather than trying to remove on the car. perhaps others that do that more often have a better plan of attack.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 01:11:17 AM »

JJ - you can leave the radiator in,  but having the extra room doesn't hurt. The turbo/manifold come off as one unit & can be separated after. The downpipe bolts are usually a chore. Be cautious of the lines. Don't over-tighten the banjo bolt on the oil line on re-install, it'll snap.

1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"