TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Body Work Help Please  (Read 3848 times)

GregZ

Body Work Help Please
« on: September 28, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »

I am doing my own body work on my 91 and dont like they ugly grey and white trim on the doors as well as the front and rear bumper covers. I see that RCI and Ghost have both done something to match the trim to the car, i was woundering how to do this, so i would love some suggestions. Im relitively new to this site but plan on running 18 psi in the near future on a fully built b6t and a vj11/tbird hybrid turbo soon! i cant wait! I just need some time to build the motor. Also does anyone have an idea what the hp and tq to the wheels will be if im running a stage 3 snow performance, progressive controlled, water/meth kit and a big ol' front mount?
91 xr2 (SOLD)
94 Turbo\\\'d Miata (Sold)
1997 Lifted Jeep Cherokee (Sold)
2002 Subaru Wrx - Current DD

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
Body Work Help Please
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »

i just used good old krylon paint....cherry red. primer it first and have fun. sometimes i will put a clear coat on as well
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

GregZ

Body Work Help Please
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »

how did you get the color to match you base color on your thick pieces of trim though?
91 xr2 (SOLD)

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
Body Work Help Please
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 06:55:00 AM »

i just taped mine off and painted them...my car is ford cardinal red...

as for the water meth, you wont need it if your running a good sized intercooler...all water meth does is cool the charge, so you can run more boost to create more power... its not nitrous... it works with a similar principle. but both require extra fuel, and in our cars case, boost to make more power...nitrous does not burn...
water does not burn... gasoline burns, and is what is making the power in both cases..

water meth is a great add on, for a diesel truck running on 45-60psi of boost to cool the egt temps..

but unless you are going to run insane boost, and race gas... your not going to need to double up on ways to cool the charge down...

your better off running race gas, and like 22 lbs of boost...but you better have a wideband and you better watch what your car is doing if your gonna go that route...

as for power... im running a mitsubishi TDO5H 14B
which is a "bigger" turbo than a 11/tbird..
and i have alot of support mods on my car..(450cc inj.,walbro 255 pump, adjustable fpr, ecu, msd, high compression, iridium plugs a step colder, and gapped at next to nothing...)
and im just now at arround 220..  if i had to guess id say 190wheel and thats giving it some...

you will fight, and tune, and fight some more. before you break the 200hp mark with this engine
especially a stock compression b6t..

think, your going from 132hp at 8psi, and trying to make over a third more ponys...this takes money,time and knowledge to do...its a process..

.....Joe...RCICustoms...

220hp@18psi

GregZ

Body Work Help Please
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 09:24:00 AM »

im running low compression pistons so i can run more boost 7.6:1 i believe there custom from wiseco stiffer valve springs but stock crank cams ect. the reason im running the meth is to safely add more boost and avoid knocks since using meth alows you to run pump gas and get the performance of running 104 octane race fuel, atleast thats what a 30+ years experience mechanic told me.
91 xr2 (SOLD)

GregZ

Body Work Help Please
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »

also the block is bored and the head is ported and polished. hope that helps since one of the problems with these engines is geting more air flow through the intake.
91 xr2 (SOLD)

GregZ

Body Work Help Please
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »

also what is your 1/4 mile time?

thanks for the help!!
91 xr2 (SOLD)

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
Body Work Help Please
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »

Hey Greg! What you say about the water-meth solution is true, but long term use wrecks havoc in your motor. It really isn't good for a street engine. I've seen articles in magazines showing a lot of corrosion inside engines of street driven cars. Just a word of warning, it's your decision.  Gus