TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Greetings from South Dakota  (Read 3207 times)

georelle

Greetings from South Dakota
« on: September 15, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »

Hello fellow Capri owners.I just purchased my second Capri. My first Capri was a 73 with the V6 bought it in 81. It was also my first car I owned. My latest purchase is a red 91 N/A with 87,000 on it. I was looking for an inexpensive car to drive and my friends were selling their Capri. They had not driven it much for several years so it needed a little tlc. There is still quite a bit to be done but all and all a decent car. It is the most practical small convertible there is with a back seat and front wheel drive, which I will need sooner then I will want here in South Dakota. So any way that is my story. I have a ton of questions, like what do I have to do to get MORE POWER out of this thing(would love a turbo) but this is just a introduction for now.
Georelle

yen

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »

Nice to meet you Georelle! Welcome to the team.
Wow, you own the original and the modern Capri, are there any similarities between the two?
The DOHC motors are revvy little engines and benifit from general upgrades, someone might elaborate on that point a little later.

Post up some pics!
1990 Ford Capri
1.6L SOHC

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »

Hey Georelle!  Welcome aboard. Trip with us awhile and you'll get a better feel of your new girl. You'll eventually figure out it is better to a girl who high-steps from the factory and then her to finishing school afterwards.  Gus

georelle

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 04:53:00 AM »

Thanks guys. The only similarities between 73 and the 91 Capri is they are four seaters. I wish my 91 had the V6 power of the 73. That thing was a real sleeper, I used to surprise a lot of Nova's and Camaro's with it. The guy who owned it before me had done some work to it not sure what all anymore but it was too fun to drive. I just couldn't get the front suspension issues' resolved and got rid of it.