Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri N/A 89-94

exhaust system....

(1/4) > >>

Benno77:
OK am planning on gettting a full exhaust,  extractors to the muff. Was wondering what was the best diametre. I have a 91 capri N/A. am thinkin 2.25' or so  but not sure.

Benno77:
Also as side note, am probably getting a 100 or 200 cell performance hi-flow cat. Probably magnaflow.

rcicustoms:
2.25 is plenty to free up power.. and will keep things more stock... i run a 2.5 but i also run a bigger turbo and no muffler.. or cat for that matter... but i can get away with it here in kentucky... some places are stifflers about that stuff...Joe

Rocketman:
2.25" should work good for N/A especially if you are still going to run a cat.

blue93:
Okay, while we're on this subject,  I've got everything but the CAI hooked up on my NA and I think I'm ready to see what I can get out of it.

From the top:  4-2-1 steel header, flex connector, 2.25" exhaust, Flowmaster Delta muffler, high flow cat, and monza dual exhaust tips for flavor.

Without running the CAI anywhere but directly off the air box, what is the setup that everyone uses to get the CAI head to fit?

I assume I have to put a hole on the left side of the air module with the "Motorcraft" decal on it and run it out from there.  I was going to shorten the hose on the right side of the airbox and/or relocate the anti-freeze filler.

At some point, I plan to fabricate an all-metal tube setup directly from the throttle body and get it closer to the ground or out the fender well, but for now, I just want to get some air in there and see what it does.  Anybody got a pic of the hookup at the air box?

Thanks.

Mark
Stratosphere Blue '93 NA 6 cyl 5sp
Dynamic White '94 XR2
Red '90 LeBaron GT Vert 6cyl 5sp FOR SALE!!!
Frosty White '06 Vibe 5sp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version