Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri N/A 89-94

94 N/A idles great but feels like rev limit or limp mode on acceleration

<< < (2/9) > >>

chrispoe:
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with your fuel system, It sounds like you have a ignition problem.

Are you still actively getting a #1 fault code? If you are, that’s the IDM fault code, which means the ecu is seeing an issue with the ignition module output signal.

JBone:
Yes the #1 code. I don't have a cel while the engine is running only while KOEO. When I attempt to pull the codes, sometimes it just flashes and disappears.  does anyone know what parts go bad the most often in the dizzy? Is it more logical to try to piece a new one together or spend the money for a new one?

JBone:
Also the car sat up for a very long time. So I don't know if the Ecu could be my issue. The car just runs and idles so well until you reach a speed of about 30 mph or a certain rpm. The car just surges and never picks up power. I can let off the gas and ease into it and it does better but never accelerates properly.

NomakeWan:
I know these are systems of completely different eras, but the last time I had a car react like that it was my 240Z, and the problem was the ignition coil going bad. I know you said you replaced your ignitor, but I seem to recall the Capri community mentioning that finding an ignitor that worked was something of a crapshoot. Perhaps you ended up getting a bad new one?

JBone:
I suppose it possible. The part I've replaced is the ignition coil that is mounted on the maf sensor air box. I have read a lot about the ignition control module going bad quite often, also problems with the camshaft position sensor that's located on the dizzy. I just don't know which direction to go in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version