General > Build Threads

Capri RS Build(WashiestSnakes Build)

<< < (31/31)

WashiestSnake:
I still have my Capri, a multitude of things ended up happening that stopped the build.

1. Russ Carlson scammed me out of 2k for a 1986 Mazda GTX he had, I paid him money for the car aswell as for delivery, back in 2018, over the years his schedule nor mine lined up, but I never ended up getting the car I paid for(when i went to ask for a refund he had already stopped selling Capri parts and was working a normal job). I worked many hours overtime saving to buy the car for this project. That really put this project in a bad spot as I needed those parts for the end goal, as the car he had, had rust but the components I needed were still there.

2. My Capri breaks down too much, about every 3 months of driving something catastrophic and expensive in nature happened to this car, as out of 11 owners prior, all had this car for a summer at most and then sold it leaving no maintenance done, so my suspension is shot, all rubber parts needed replaced, aswell as needing both new axles.

3. I had a fallout with a close friend who helped me on this project of restoring my car. Me and him put the new Carpet in the car but never finished the install, to be honest it was a botched job and it needs to be redone, aswell as I need to get new trim for the interior. If I do it again I'll be doing it professionally.

4. I bought a 2014 Focus ST. I got fed up of driving a car that was in disrepair and undriveable more then it was working. The Capri was and still is a massive money pit. I've had my Focus since 2021 and even with it having 125k miles, I've yet to have a single break down and I drive it quite a bit sometimes driving 100 miles a day or more. I honestly enjoy the car much better, it's how I want the Capri to get one day honestly, it's a very fun and quick car, with excellent handling.

4. The Capris tags went expired and my HOA forced me to put it at a storage facility otherwise they were gonna tow it. The Capri needs all 4 tires, but honestly as I don't drive it at all since the interior is completely out besides the driver seat, I decided it's best to just keep it in storage until I get a loan to get it rebuilt professionally. I now work 60 hours a week, 6 days so I don't have the time I did when I was younger to do this sort of work.

The amount of cool posts I've seen on Facebook and on here of people restoring there cars really inspires me, It's honestly why I haven't scrapped my car, nor part it out, as I have many new parts waiting for the car to be redone, and I know when I'm complete the vision will be something I'm proud of. Hopefully in the next year to two I can get the Focus paid off and then come back here more often.

greywolf27030:
Really hate to hear about all the problems you've encountered trying to get your car going. I can empathize I've had similar problems before. Just hang in there and keep digging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version