TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Getting to know the members  (Read 203183 times)

kraversxr2

Getting to know the members
« Reply #315 on: October 02, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »

Thanks Tony!  I am in the Valley also. Let me know next time your in the area mabe we could meet and talk Capri.  Your right!  These cars are fun!  I havent really pushed my xr2 very hard but so far I like what it does.

Kevin

Kev93

• '93 XR2 | Ford F-150
    • http://ombe.com
« Reply #316 on: November 30, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »

Heya, fellas - kraversxr2: rather interesting that my name is also Kevin!

2.Location - Joplin, MO area (work there, live north county)

3.Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it? - Mid-life crisis. (hey, not much of one ... at least I'm not driving your daughter around in it  ;)   I know my wife is also darned happy about that :D ).

4.If money were no object, what would your dream car be? It would be driven by someone else - maybe with a Jacuzzi over the 4th/5th axles.  :D

5.What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? - Well, under $20K would be nice.  And a tad more headroom (I'm 74.5 inches tall, most of it in the torso).  200hp on a stock four-banger would also be awesome  :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:24:51 PM by Kev93 »
/* Just along for the ride */
\\\'93 XR2 in progress | Daily Driver | 5th Gear Swap | Rocketman VAF Adapter

datruepain

« Reply #317 on: December 04, 2011, 06:36:00 AM »

1.Dan Mizerak
2.Glen Burnie MD
3.My first car very unique none like it. quick two door convertable cant go wrong.
4.65 mustang with a shelby upgrade. up to dote suspension brakes etc..
5.deffinitly stick with the soft top with the removable hard top option.  Optional V6 keep it a small miata better.
Dan Miz

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #318 on: December 04, 2011, 07:11:00 AM »

Welcome, Dan!!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

paulcombs

« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »

traded my caddy for my 1994 capri because i like the style i like the fuel mpg and its not seen all over town like the mustang

if remade i would say rear wheeldrive and v6

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2012, 03:08:00 AM »

Welcome, Paul! I think that is one of the main reasons I like these cars....Not everyone has one!!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

stepto and son

« Reply #321 on: August 08, 2012, 02:09:00 AM »

Gday folks.
New here, I'm from central Victoria, Australia.

I joined this site, after looking on internet for information about my new purchase, a 1989 SA? XR2
from what i can gather by reading, mine is pretty stock original.

I normally buy cars, just to fix them up and resell them, and that is what I originally brought my Capri for. It was parked in a local wrecking yard amongst other cars for sale. salesman gave me the ushall ""salesman talk"" about how good it is etc. Managed to bargain him to $1800aus dollars, no rego etc.. in glove-box was receipts for almost $5000aus spent on motor and drive shafts etc. I was driving it home, and remember thinking it went ok for a little 1.6litre.. then when the turbo kicked in I instantly decided to keep it (unless someone makes a real good offer on it)    
Typical issues it has is the windows wont come up,without a lot off assistance, the brake light stays on the dash, softop about buggared etc

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #322 on: August 08, 2012, 05:50:00 AM »

Well, you came to the right place! From sourcing parts to advice on how to install those parts, there are many people on this forum that love to help!

Welcome aboard!

Cheers!
---Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

Jovani

« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »

1. Jovani
2.Orlando, fla
3.love verts and more practical than my previous cars
(90 rx7 vert stanced, 99 impreza l autox, 94 mx6 ls aka lemon)
4. Subaru/Prodrive P2.. Google it, on top gear  ;)
5.proper revival would be a feista st hardtop converible

Deanconforti

• http://None
« Reply #324 on: January 06, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »

Heya everyone my name is Dean and i bought my Capri about 3 years ago from my boss, the conversation went like this ."Hey Dean you want to buy a car?" I said "what is it?"He said "a 93 mercury capri convertable" well i had no clue what that was so i asked um how many miles where on it he said 35k well that turned my head i then asked how much he said i will give it to you for 1100 bucks , book value was higher then that, anyway i had no car at the time and really needed one i just said yes and he let me give him half then and after i paid the car off he gave it to me, i still had not even looked at the car, after i paid it off i was expecting a 1100 dollar car/nightmare , well to my surprise this car was looking really good,so i kept it and it fell apart on me after the first month brakes went and all parts with it it cost me 800 buCks to get that fixed, so after a couple of years i all of a sudden went into this mode of WOW THIS CAPRI HAS SOME MAJOR POTENTIAL!From there on i put my first Vinyl graphic sticker on the car and it said XT 2000 GT.Well that changed everything,i then decided that i wanted for Vinyl for my car because the car was to white i wanted to add black to it and give it more character, the car was all white it also had a white top , i used a vht vinyl spray to change it from white to black, i left some spots that i can fix but i have been lazy with it latley because of all of the engine problems i have been having. It has been really making me depressed.Anyway after that i got a brah(La Bra) for it and i loved it, from there on a grabbed some xxr's rims and some really nice tires went from 14' to 15 . that 1 inch really made a difference, after that i decided to use vht tint to blackout my headlights and my fog lights,lets not forget after i did the headlights i broke the passenger side headlight motor, dont ask it was a hot day heh,i then put vinyl stickers with the word turbo on it,i have a few more things to do with the exterior,spoiler, get that top up to my satisfaction,put my NOS sticker in the back of the rear plastic window, then after that i will be working on the interior, i actually took the backseat out and the passenger seat out, shame if i new of this site before i would have not thrown them away but oh well now i know.I am going to make the interior black and white race car style with bar and net all that jazz, anyway thats a little ways away.Anyway my pics of my car are on the forum where you put photo's, anyway it is nice to meet everyone and hope in the near future i will have time to maybe bring my car to meets and shows and take russ's trophy away from him,i am just joking russ please dont abuse me )) alright well met all hope to talk to you all soon ,

Dean Conforti

Kev93

• '93 XR2 | Ford F-150
    • http://ombe.com
« Reply #325 on: February 03, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »

Welcome, Dean!

While you're busy gussying up the outside of that Capri ... don't forget to do a little work under the hood if you can.  ;)

Capris make such fun rides!  
/* Just along for the ride */
\\\'93 XR2 in progress | Daily Driver | 5th Gear Swap | Rocketman VAF Adapter

boomer535

« Reply #326 on: February 05, 2013, 02:07:00 AM »

I'm Scott from Spring Hill Florida. I bought my 91 Automatic last October. I got it mostly to teach my Wife how to drive, but it sure is fun for me to drive too. I had to do some work on it and Russ already knows me from my parts orders. So far plugs, wires, cap, rotor air and gas filters. Replaced the drivers side window regulator, cleaned the window and mirror control switches. Replaced the washer tank and jets. Replaced the turn signal switch. Also replaced the top and glovebox latch. Installed the strut tower brace. Got all the lights working so it will pass inspection when the Wife takes her Driving test. Installed a nice Stereo with USB and SD card slots along with new speakers. Still need a little body work done, the heater door link is on order and the AC needs fixing. The car has 90K miles and runs pretty good. The Wife is doing good driving hope to get her license in a month or so. Our two Kids like the back seat so they can ride with us.
It would be nice if Ford came out with a new Capri maybe based on the Fiesta.

Scott

92CapriXR2

« Reply #327 on: May 13, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »

Hi all, my name is Roey and I live west of Brisbane in sunny Queensland, Australia.

I originally purchased our 1992 XR2 Ford Capri for our two daughters to learn to drive on but after I drove it myself, I absolutely loved it.  It is so easy to drive, has plenty of up and go and the fun factor it provides when you drive it is amazing. I'm on the lookout for a turbo version for myself
 :D
My dream car would have to be a Shelby Cobra 427.
If they start making them again, I would like a rear wheel version, 2 litre turbo and definitely motorised canopy (I ripped my back window when I was folding it down and dropped it a bit too hard into the cavity   :mad: )

Gil

« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »

1. Gil
2. Champaign, IL
3. It was there. I was looking for a summertime toy and checked out a Fiero GT, Miata, Del Sole and... wait for it... a Cutlass Convertble. The Capri won for lowest miles and fewest issues plus a hard top. Plus I've liked them from the beginning and have little chance of seeing myself coming.
4. Dream car? Don't have one. Have owned 50 or so cars and a few motorcycles in my time and the quickest ever was a '67 Downton Prepped 1275S Morris Mini Cooper, loud outrageous and unbelievably quick to 100 (4.55 straight cut gears, hill climber). Killed a whale tail Porsche with it once coming up hill through the sweeper on Glebe Road above Chain Bridge (DC folks know where I mean) when he swapped ends. Fastest? Either my 72 Torino Sport or 71 LTD with the same engine (took a while getting there but would bury the needle and then some if you had enough road).

Still a few on my bucket list (300C, D, E, F, G or Hurst but I doubt it)

%. Most fun? I think I may have just bought it.

ShaneOss

« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »

Hi Everyone,

1. Name - Shane          

2.Location - Picton, NSW Australia

3.Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it? - I originally bought my first Capri when i was growing up. It was a nice looking car originally had just the SOHC engine, so i bought a DOHC Turbo engine and did the conversion over a weekend. My first time at anything like it and it all went well. Only thing i had wrong was a few spark plug leads around the wrong way, and needed to adjust the timing. My original Capri can be found on the front page of my website:     http://myconvertiblecapri.com    

I ended up trading it in for a TT Supra which is no more and was really missing the Capri. After catching up with a few of the old club members over the past year. I'd been looking around for another one to buy and along came a 1992 Tickford SC Clubsprint which i picked up a few weekends ago. Again pics can be seen under the Gallery on my site  http://myconvertiblecapri.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10058 .

4.If money were no object, what would your dream car be? Probably a highly modified TT Supra.

5.What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? - More power than stock perhaps 2L engine with bigger turbo. Pretty much just keep it the same tho fixing all the previous mistakes.      ;)
Shane
http://myconvertiblecapri.com
1992 Tickford SC Clubsprint (Black)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31