TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Xr2 build question  (Read 2826 times)

misterrendon

Xr2 build question
« on: December 04, 2013, 12:36:55 AM »

So I finally took out the motor and I'm not sure what I wanna do do I wanna do a stock a build or do I wanna do a crazy build so here's where I'm stuck at what are good supporting mods to do any aways like ,injectors,better fuel pump,of course upgraded ecu, ass far as  the turbo I think ima stick with the stock ihi vj11/14 does any one know of a good aftermarket manifold for the turbo also gonna be running a front mount intercooler for sure I think ima gasket match the engine and it balance the rods and crank to get a few extra revs out the engine.im always open to what ya have to say and share thanks
Fernando

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: Xr2 build question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 04:18:04 PM »

If you're sticking with an 11/14 you won't need too much for supporting mods.

-Intake
-Exhaust
-Intercooler
-ECU
-Blowoff valve
-Boost controller
-Upgraded clutch

That's about it. There are very few exhaust manifold options and they would more or less be a waste of cash for a stock framed turbo. If you went to a T2 or T3 frame turbo then an adapter could be used, or an aftermarket manifold might be worth it. Then would be the time for Megasquirt, injectors, and fuel pump upgrades.

Gasket matching & minor port work will be beneficial at any time. Get a good valve job done while the engine is apart
My 2¢ anyways
-Rocket
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

CapriXR2

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 07:18:59 PM »

Do you have a clutch set you would recommend rocket man?

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 07:47:49 PM »

ACT super street clutch with the Heavy Duty pressure plate is a fantastic clutch. I run one in the GTXR2 and one in my new XR2. Both mated to a Fidanza flywheel. The flywheel is nice but makes driving a little difficult at times with the stuff clutch
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

turboxr291

• 91 XR2 ,
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 05:19:59 PM »

What's the full set up cost for that clutch kit