Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri N/A 89-94

Will the Madzda 323 wheel hub mate up to our knuckles?

<< < (2/2)

mr_gr1mm:
I'll take some pics when I pull it apart again in about a week. At first it was an issue because the top had mushroomed a little bit and I couldn't get the spacer off, but I did some careful Dremel work and smoothed it all down and it looks much better. Thankfully I noticed the damage somewhat early so it wasn't beyond saving. The only real issue I see is that the end of it has some indents but I don't think it actually comes into contact with anything so it might not matter.. I appreciate the input!

EShepherd:

--- Quote from: mr_gr1mm on April 21, 2023, 07:41:03 PM ---I'll take some pics when I pull it apart again in about a week. At first it was an issue because the top had mushroomed a little bit and I couldn't get the spacer off, but I did some careful Dremel work and smoothed it all down and it looks much better. Thankfully I noticed the damage somewhat early so it wasn't beyond saving. The only real issue I see is that the end of it has some indents but I don't think it actually comes into contact with anything so it might not matter.. I appreciate the input!

--- End quote ---

If everything pressed out okay, I wouldn't be super worried about it. Just make sure there aren't any burrs that'll tear up the bearing races when you press them back in. As long as bore itself is still round, I don't expect it'll cause a drop in the lifespan of your bearings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version