TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: aggravating issue  (Read 2315 times)

thumper wcmc

aggravating issue
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:04:00 AM »

a lot of times when I put my top down the lid cover i guess that is what you would call it either doesn't catch or it pops open while driving. I tried turning the key hole above the latch release but that didn't seem to do anything? is that supposed to lock it? which position is lock? any ideas or help is greatly appreciated. ty

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
aggravating issue
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »

The key/lever is only used to open it. You may want to try aligning the latch, spraying it down with wd-40, or just pushing down on it hard when you close it....All 3 should help.

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

thumper wcmc

aggravating issue
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »

pushing down hard I do. it latches but a good bump and it pops up. so the keyhole does nothing no matter which way it is turned? how do I align it?

misterrendon

aggravating issue
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »

There's a spring in the latch make sure that's still on there if not it won't close
Fernando

billibarou

aggravating issue
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »

You might want to consider replacing the latch.  I had the same problem on my car and it turns out my latch on the passenger side was broken.  I just went to a junk yard and got a new latch for a few bucks and bingo it works great.

Super Two

aggravating issue
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »

I wish you could do that in Australia  where it came from  They are like rocking horse sh--t over here    DDD