TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: New Capri Owner & Looking for parts!  (Read 2531 times)

Jennie-Lauren

New Capri Owner & Looking for parts!
« on: February 28, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »

Hello, I recently acquired a free 1992 Merc.Capri non-turbo and am in need of parts. The problem is here in NY there's not many around.

I'm looking for a front passenger side fender, passenger door, passenger side quarter panel and lastly front bumper.

If anyone can help me out that would be great!

Thank you
~Jennie

Phillip

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »

I have a good bumper cover for a red Capri its free to a new member for shipping and packaging!

Jennie-Lauren

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 04:52:00 AM »

Hi Phillip~

That sounds great!!! If you're able to provide me with a shipping quote to Zip: 12514, Clinton Corners, NY; that would be great!

This car is a new project for me and I'd like to make it my daily driver..the issue here in NY is that the way it is, they won't pass it for inspection.

Thank you~
~Jennie

bhazard

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »

I have a whole complete door you need and a fender, cant remember if its driver or passenger side... shipping would be ridiculous though. Doors are heavy!
93 Festiva L, lotsa miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, Rocketchip
Best ET 12.99, Best MPH 109.8, 22\\" slicks
88 T-bird Turbo Coupe, 182k miles, slightly modded, 14.71 @ 92.4mph 2.02 60\\\', end of the road

Phillip

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »

I'll need to find a box for it so give me a bit.

Jennie-Lauren

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »

Thanks guys for all your help!

Aside from the parts I needed, what I am having trouble finding (and figuring out if it's easy to fix) is the "header panel" The piece right under the hood line and before the "grill". It has the clear lenses underneath.

I was told this is a radiator support and not easy. I don't know.

I have Ford/Merc part# E9JY-7610672-A (Which I got from the "techcapri.com" site.)

Anyone with knowledge of this piece would be great. The guy who owned had an ex take a bat to it and well I guess he tried to fill the deep dent with bondo and the stuff popped out leaving this rusty dent and I can't fix it. So my only solution would be to replace it.
~Jennie

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 04:39:00 AM »

Jennie-
I have several dent-free header panels ready to ship. I also have any other parts that you are still searching for. Email me at CapriTypeR@Gmail.com., and lets see what we can do!

-----Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!