TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: 94 XR2 Wheels  (Read 3943 times)

Chicken

94 XR2 Wheels
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »

Great condition.  Not perfect.

I'll ship them anywhere.  You insure.

Make a serious offer on the set.  If I put these on ebay I will offer worldwide shipping which may allow a MUCH larger audience to these.  These sell very well on ebay.

These are in Oakland , California

If you heard it from an automotive forum, get a second, and third opinion.

Christian

94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:11:00 AM »

How much for em if they're still available? Also any pics?

Chicken

94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »

To everyone who still wants to know,

The Wheels Are Still For Sale.  I am having at least one of the them lathed to remove a small mar on the lip.  The only one previous owner was a fantastic woman who took great care of the car, but still there is a scuff, scrape, rash, ding, whatever.  I can have it lathed here and increase the appearance while they are still in my possession.

These wheels are VERY RARE.  I KNOW there are less sets of these wheels than there are 1994 XR2s left.

In the last couple of years I have seen More 94XRs sold with after market wheels than with originals.

Sorry, I am not suggesting a Price Publicly.  The valuation may be found by an insurance company or any other average thief.

Find a Nice set of quality After Market Wheels that were limited to 1300 sets and you will be in the ballpark of what these are worth.

All credible offers and arguments are always invited.  

*TRADES?*

I may be interested in a Perfect Pearl Black Hardtop.

Or an EXTREMELY STRAIGHT WHOLE Pearl Black or Reef Green 1994 (hopefully with power locks).

THE CAR MUST HAVE NO RUST!  I saw the car with the Hardtop in La Jolla, and it was neither.  

I DO NOT CARE IF THE CAR HAS A MOTOR OR TRANSMISSION.

I DO NOT CARE IF THE CAR IS AN XR2 OR NOT.

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »

Just so you are aware, I bought a refinished 7 spoke 94 XR2 wheel from Mid County last year for $40. Could have had the whole set for $140, but only needed to replace one bent rim.
With that being said, I'd offer $100 for the set, as they are "Great condition. Not perfect."

Curious as to where you got the "limited to 1300 sets" figure?

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

Surfnut

94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 03:41:00 AM »

You want to know what those wheels are worth  ?

What someone will pay for them.

And I think you'll find that not too many people are going to pony up the money that you think they might be worth.  But hopefully for you, I'll be wrong as usual and you'll get a big handful of cash in time for Christmas.

Chicken

94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »

Gee.  I never heard that cliche before.  Thanks.

I do not see these wheels as the golden goose or anything near.

I've considered them sold more than once. And I didn't haggle.

I don't believe anyone has ever accused Capri owners to be "spendy" personalities.  

If these wheels are not worth the price of another set of wheels, then its easier for me to trade them to some Honda or Nissan guy for the wheels from his car.

Chicken

94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »

Just so you are aware, I bought a refinished 7 spoke 94 XR2 wheel from Mid County last year for $40. Could have had the whole set for $140, but only needed to replace one bent rim.
With that being said, I'd offer $100 for the set, as they are "Great condition. Not perfect."

Curious as to where you got the "limited to 1300 sets" figure?

--Russ
Hey Russ.  Gus says "hi".  And he will say "Hi".

These wheels were only made for the Capri XR2 with perhaps a 2% spare production being around another 50 Sets.

You and MCC may have a better relationship than most.  The one time I got a reference for a set of these wheels at MCC it was well more than 100 per wheel.  

What is "refinished?".

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »

Your probably right about my relationship with Midco.  I just never thought of it that way!  I call, and PJ and I negotiate the price.  

Refinished is completely stripped of any and all paint, then powder coated to original specs. The wheel was beautiful!  Made the other 3 look like crap.

You are correct about the rarity, I was just curious as to where you got the numbers. Still curious about the 2% figure. Have you seen something on-line or in writing that had that figure.  I only ask because I have a number of rare parts that I would love to know how rare they were.

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

Surfnut

94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »

No cliche there brother that's the truth.  

Here is a cliche though :  If ya gotta ask how much they are, you probably can't afford them.
And that falls in directly with not "...suggesting a price publicly".

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »

Due to the Rim size...Non-Capri guys wont mess with them much and especially don't care that they are "limited"....I have sold several sets of the Capri rims so far and $100 for these are pretty fair...

Your right they are only worth what someone will pay for them...

You can get a nice set of 17s for that around here
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

Chicken

94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »

Honestly Russ I would be surprised if Ford even made a 2% replacement margin as full sets for a vehicle of such low volume. Body shops have to buy something though, and Ford likes to sell things.

Pat must be a good friend. I KNOW he is a good guy! Out here in industrial land the price to media blast the wheels COMPLETELY would knock out your total.  Count your blessings.  Knock on wood, etc.  I would be very interested in having you purchase parts on my behalf from MCC.

And Mr Surfnut, truths can be cliches.  They are often synonymous.  Not making a valuation for Geico to stone you with in a settlement is to me a more sensible reason to not create a set price than for me to worry if only one of my market options has the willingness to afford something.  These are "Sourced Items" in the auto body repair world. "NLA"

Most forums are like craigslist and offers quickly come in at about 10%-20% of your asking price whether they've seen them, need them, want them, or could ever use them.  Aside from taking pop-shots at this item for sale thread, do you want, need, or have a use for these wheels?

How much do you believe a Hardtop is worth?

91-93 "14 alloys go for about $100 a set (I'd sure sell you my sets for that much)

Surfnut

94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 05:09:00 AM »

Not a Pop-shot.  You mean a "Pot Shot".  A Pop shot is a VERY different thing.

Anyhoo, it's not meant to be a cheap shot at this thread - it's a comment directed towards your attitude of your "VERY RARE" wheels that you think are worth what a "set of quality After Market Wheels that were limited to 1300 sets" are worth.
Which, of course, is a price you don't want to publicly post.  That's fine with me 'cause those wheels are worth crapola to me.  They're probably good for studded winter tires but not much else.

Like Gostlrs says, you can get a nice set of 17" wheels anywhere for that car.  Kinda like what I've got on my Capri!  Unfortunately for me though, I couldn't even GIVE my 14" alloys away - 'cause they're worth almost nothing to anyone except the scrap metal guy.

Please Chicken, don't call me "Mr. Surfnut", that's my dad - you can just refer to me as "Surfnut" or Dave.  "Mister" is just to formal for pals.

Ironically however, I do happen to have a hardtop for sale (it's in excellent condition).  These hard tops are VERY RARE and I'm open to all credible offers but be forewarned, due to me thinking I've got something REALLY special here, I'm not willing to publicly post a price.  I can make you a deal through this forum 'cause if I put it on ebay it will sell to a much larger audience.  After all, these sell very well on ebay.

Dave

Chicken

94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 07:14:00 AM »

As you said of yourself, you are wrong again as usual.  

The way you worded your initial post was (and it has remained in follow ups) more provoking than constructive, much less anything considerate.  Perhaps "Very Rare" doesn't sit well with you.  But that does not change that these are very rare.  Does it?  If the 94 XR is Very Rare, how can these be anything else?

Do me a favor and find a positive manner to post on this thread.  You may even enjoy how you feel after words.

This is not a points for jabs forum regardless of our life choices offline.

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
94 XR2 Wheels
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »

$200-$300 is the norm for hard tops...

I sold mine for $300 in good condition...

Bought it for $150
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible