TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: exhaust gasket?  (Read 1982 times)

grantduffield

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1991 Capri (automatic)
exhaust gasket?
« on: November 17, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »

I replaced the exhaust system/pipe from the cat back the other day.  I think i am missing a gasket or something been the rear of the cat and the beginning of the "after-cat" pipe (make sense?  the pipe that starts with the 2 parallel exhaust hangers).  I replaced the exhaust flange, but is there a gasket that fits up there too?  The walker diagrams only show a gasket at the forward connection of the cat (where the cat meets the down pipe). 

In all events, I have some space between the cat and the "after cat" pipe. How do i remedy? 
This is a very complicated case (car), a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: exhaust gasket?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 03:12:31 AM »

Yes there is supposed to be a gasket between the flanges there. Rockauto might be able to give you a part# to bring to the local store
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"