TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: Getting to know the members  (Read 203134 times)

Rad

Getting to know the members
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2011, 04:08:00 AM »

Thanks Matt and Dave,

Good stuff. Gotta love this board. Dave do you know which gas your car failed?  aircare.ca has a lot of stuff on cause an repair.
Murphy was an optimist.

Although no trees were damaged in the act of making this posting uncountable electrons were extremely inconvenienced.

bp021590

« Reply #301 on: May 23, 2011, 05:54:00 AM »

Hi All! Just picked up a 91 XR2 with 109,000 miles on it. Its my first non hand me down car...and i paid for it myself! lol So far I'm in love with my capri...looking forward to getting to meet you all!

Name: Ben

Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it?
   It was parked in a front yard with a big FOR SALE sign on the way to my college. I decided to give it a look and instantly wanted it...turbo, convertible, manual trans, and in great shape...yes please! I love that its sort of an "oddball" car, it gives it more character.

If money were no object, what would your dream car be?
a 70's Saab sonett III

What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? (i.e. soft top, retractable hard top, engine, etc.  
   Hmmm I'd say a more resilient interior overall, cup holders, retractable hardtop, 6 speed trans, and FR please!

Heavensheros

• Old-Timer
    • http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2685897/1
« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »

pleasure to meet you !! you should look into the Mid American Capri Gathering, you will meet some of the nicest different unique group of people you will ever meet and have the best time you ever had at a car show/meet!!
1992 Capri XR2
RocketMan VAF adaptor
Accel wires
Irundium IX
2.5\\" Thrush exauhst
Rocket Chip
Rims
H&R Lowering Springs
Tuner FX Racing seats
Gauges w/ A-pillar gauge pods
Accel superstock coil
FMIC

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »

Hey Ben! Glad you're here. You WILL enjoy your car, this forum and the people. That, I can promise you. Are you in Edwardsville or McHenry? Your post says Edwardsville, but your profile says McHenry!!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »

Ben- I've been chasing you down for weeks! I have the yellow quad cab Ram you see at the corner of Ringwood road and 120!!  Also the sexy blue Capri you've seen a few times.....
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and, don't forget to check out the new Facebook group:  1991-1994 Mercury Capri Owners Group

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

bp021590

« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2011, 06:57:00 AM »

Russ- I actually got your card from your girlfriend. I go to that Thorntons often. I just moved out of McHenry, which is one of the reasons I bought the capri. But I visit family often...Ill be sure to let you know when I'm in the area... I'm looking for new rims and 94 tail lights at the moment... Also I love that blue capri...I stepped next to it to look inside and it beeped at me. Scared the c*@p outta me.

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »

lol, that's how the car says "Hi"!
I'm out of decent 94 tails at the moment, but I'm working on getting more.Same with aftermarket rims. Feel free to check up and see if I have any later....
If you are in Edwardsville, I'll be down in St. Louis this weekend. If you need any parts delivered, let me know!

-Russ

bp021590

« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2011, 07:13:00 AM »

Wow I wish I wasnt dirt poor at the moment. lol I'm still trying to find work down here... But we will be in touch. I've been reading in the forums that fitting 17" rims can cause extra stress on wheel bearings, what do you have on the blue capri??

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »

17's! I have 1/2" spacers in the back to clear the spring perch, but the fronts do not. No undo stress on the front bearings!

Captain

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/capritain
« Reply #309 on: June 30, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »

I guess I'll do mine.
Here goes:

1.Name -  Pete
2.Location -  Des Moines, IA
3.Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it? -  Sames as eveyone else cheap convertible.
4.If money were no object, what would your dream car be? -  As someone mentioned, design my own.
5.What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? -  Yes agreed! retractable hard top(spyder) or automatic softtop. Cup holder hahahaha. What any modern car has.
91 Mercury Capri
Capritain @ Cardomain.com

fatplants

« Reply #310 on: August 06, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »

Hello everyone, I am glad to be here. I am from Pa and have a new 93 red Capri. The hubby also has a new 91 white Capri. It all started with the red 71 that I had in the past in 1973. I love that thing so this Spring he thought I needed some cheering up and wanted to buy me something. I quickly said convertible, red and little. WOW! He found just the thing. After we got it on the road he decided that he liked it and needed one also, so here we are in just a few short weeks with his white 91.

They are such a special car I am glad he likes it as much as I do.

Barb

Snigalfriz

• 1991 NA Capri
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2011, 08:36:00 AM »

1. Daniel

2. Round Rock, Tx

3. Wanted a sport inexpensive convertible to work on.

4. Original 1964 1/2 Mustang Convertible

5. Retractable hard top, super or turbo charged V6 or V8, AWD.
Why? I have more time than money, that's why I work on this car!

1991 Mercury Capri 5-sp
1992 Mercury Capri 5-sp swap
1999 Ford Contour SE 24v v6
2003 Lincoln LS
2007 Saturn Outlook XE AWD
2014 Chevy Cruze LT

Snigalfriz

• 1991 NA Capri
« Reply #312 on: September 13, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »

1. Daniel

2. Round Rock, Tx

3. Wanted a sport inexpensive convertible to work on.

4. Original 1964 1/2 Mustang Convertible

5. Retractable hard top, super or turbo charged V6 or V8, AWD.
Why? I have more time than money, that's why I work on this car!

1991 Mercury Capri 5-sp
1992 Mercury Capri 5-sp swap
1999 Ford Contour SE 24v v6
2003 Lincoln LS
2007 Saturn Outlook XE AWD
2014 Chevy Cruze LT

kraversxr2

« Reply #313 on: September 30, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »

Hey everyone!  My name is Kevin. I live in Spokane Washington. If you don't know where that is it's on the opposite side of Washing State from Seattle.  Not too many convertibles up here because of our hard winters. Quite a few in Portland, OR or Cali.  I have been secretely admiring these little cars for about a year now and finally came accross a 1993 XR2 it has 85,000 original miles.  I bought it from the second owner who treated her very well. Came with the tauneu cover. I really wanted something sporty that got good milage, but I have kids so the fact that it has a back seat is a plus. I'll probably just drive her for awhile but I have big plans. I will re-paint her yellow cause this car screams for yellow! Would like ground effects and custom wheels.  My favorite car if I was rich: I would really like to own a Shelby Motersports Ultimate Aero! It is faster than Bugatti Veron and is made here in Washington State. If you havent seen one You tube it!  If they decided to make Capri's again a power top would be nice and just build the headlights into the front end instead of dealing with those cheesy motors up, down, up, down.

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #314 on: October 01, 2011, 01:23:00 AM »

Welcome, Kevin!! I lived in Spokane for years. My Mom and brother still live there. Mom's out in Spokane Valley.

You have found your one stop shop on the net for all things Capri. You have any questions or issues, just holler and someone will be more than willing to help you!

Also, check out the FaceBook groups if you haven't already. These cars are about as much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31