TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: I am new!  (Read 4531 times)

Darkstar12

• 1991 Mercury Capri Xr2
I am new!
« on: February 09, 2021, 06:49:01 PM »

Hey everyone! I am super new. I jus got accepted into the group about 3 days ago, and I have realized how much you guys help, especially in fixing my new car. So thank you honestly for your time and effort to give people advice.

Well, I just got a 1991 Mercury Capri Xr2, and I'm going to be honest, I am super new to the car world of mechanics and DIY stuff so I might ask alot of questions since I am starting from ground zero basically. I am very excited for this project, and I hope I can get her to a mint condition again. I just basically change the engine and gearbox oil fluid, and being very inexperienced, I overfilled the transmission with Pennzoil synchromesh, but I plan to extract the excess oil today before I test drive it.

Thanks basically all I have done so far. She is a beauty as well. Also, do you think it's possible that I can join the Facebook group for the capri owners? If I could, that would be awesome. I can put some pics once I get into the group. 

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: I am new!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 06:21:46 AM »

Welcome to the group. I hope  you have a good time playing with your new toy.  It is definitely a good idea to remove the excess transmission fluid otherwise it will blow the transmission seals. The Pennzoil  is a good choice.  There are a number of Capri groups on FB, several stateside and a couple in Australia and of course you're welcome to join.  The more members the better.  They are usually good for quick, multiple replies.  Just like in any group there are a couple of jerks around and visitors looking for Capri donors to hot rod Festivas talking down the qualities of the Capri.
Jack Byrd

redsteve

• 1991 Capri, the rest are red or appliances...
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 12:49:15 PM »

Indeed, welcome to the group!

I've not been here for very long and have learned a bunch by being here.

I'm somewhere between knowing and not knowing what I am doing, depending upon the issue; you'll learn a lot thanks to the good folks here.

Cheers!

Steve

JimmyGermany

• On the search for parts less broken than mine :-)
    • 1993 Capri non-turbo
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 11:07:07 AM »

Hello and also welcome from me!

Great group here and always a helpful hint!

Cheers
James

gary scott

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1993 N/A blue / white soft / blue hard top
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 02:06:31 PM »

Hello, and Welcome.

Enjoy your wonderful new project. easy to love these little cars :)
Gary

jdp

• 1994 Magenta Capri NA, 94 Reef greenXR2 and 92 XR2
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 10:41:43 AM »

Welcome.  Lots and lots of technical background on this forum. Have fun.
John