TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: The Roo is still 'round  (Read 1387 times)

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
The Roo is still 'round
« on: October 02, 2017, 09:32:56 PM »

Just thought I should post this. It has become much more difficult to find affordable NOS parts in the last year, but when I went to the 2017 MACG I got to talk to Russ Carlson from Roo-Sport and found out that he's had a lot going on lately. He is still selling Capri parts -mostly through eBay but he's had to take a demanding day job (actually IIRC, it's a night shift) and he will continue to sell parts. What he let me know is that he works exhausting long shifts and he really only has one way he can deal with parts requests (well 2 ways if you count the eBay store) - text messaging.

text:
eight 4 seven 3 seven 0 thirty 7 sixty
He really can't get phone messages but he has been handling texts well.
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: The Roo is still 'round
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:07:04 AM »

Thanks, Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

jdp

• 1994 Magenta Capri NA, 94 Reef greenXR2 and 92 XR2
Re: The Roo is still 'round
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:23:58 PM »

Is anyone getting responses to your text messages? I have been buying a few things listed on ebay and they are being shipped promptly. However, text messages that I have sent for items shown in the catalog that comes with each ebay order go unanswered.   I have also tried to use the ebay message to the seller, but no response.  If they are going out of business, there are a few things that I would love to get hold of.

John
John