TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: ECM Trouble Codes  (Read 5491 times)

NiteLord

• 91Cap,94Cap,86FieroGT,94G.C
ECM Trouble Codes
« on: April 07, 2016, 05:49:01 PM »

...can anyone tell me what these trouble code flashes equal or mean...9-1-5-1-5-9..I use to have those codes written down but can't find them now nor can I locate them on the net...THX...

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
Re: ECM Trouble Codes
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 08:03:16 PM »

///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

Pappy T

• 91 base Capri
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 08:26:25 PM »

As long as we're on the subject, I replaced a defective distributor which would occasionally start (rebuilt) with another under warranty. Car starts every time now BUT my engine light stays on. Was never on before except at startup which is normal. Did the test with plug on firewall and got a consistent 3 flash . Having been down because of a surgery I didn't pursue it but found it to be the Igniter according to a code read somewhere . Does that sound right ??   

NiteLord

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 08:32:26 PM »

..GREAT!!!!..THX tonlaw71 for the info and the speedy reply..!!

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 12:34:44 PM »

I'm sorry, page 11 is for the XR2. Page 6 is for the N/A.

You can also go here: http://teamcapri.com/howtos/cartroublecodes.html
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 07:34:30 PM »

As long as we're on the subject, I replaced a defective distributor which would occasionally start (rebuilt) with another under warranty. Car starts every time now BUT my engine light stays on. Was never on before except at startup which is normal. Did the test with plug on firewall and got a consistent 3 flash . Having been down because of a surgery I didn't pursue it but found it to be the Igniter according to a code read somewhere . Does that sound right ??

A #3 code is not an igniter fault code, it’s a code for the cylinder Id(cam position) prox that’s located externally on the dizzy.

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 07:48:33 PM »

...can anyone tell me what these trouble code flashes equal or mean...9-1-5-1-5-9..I use to have those codes written down but can't find them now nor can I locate them on the net...THX...

It looks like a #9(engine temp sensor) and #15 (oxygen sensor low output)
I would start by checking/cleaning the electrical plugs and then clearing the code to see if they come back.

NiteLord

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 07:18:56 AM »

..interesting..codes will not clear, I did the ground wire disconnect and depressed brake pedal with no results..disconnected battery over night with no results but I now am getting 9 flashes (pause)1 long flash and than another 1 long flash (pause)5 flashes (pause) 9 flashes....geeeeez...LoL..

NiteLord

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 08:02:32 AM »

...I just replaced the fuel regulator Control Solenoid that I got from my parts car..trouble code 25..(I assumed the 2 long flashes and the 5 short flashes is what it may be talking about)...car is no longer running at high idle/sporadic idle, rough idle and/or smoke coming from exhaust...I also removed the Oxygen Sensor and cleaned it with carb cleaner...the Auto Parts Stores only sell the "Coolant Temp Sensor" with the two female connect..$22.00, mine is one female connect...I did find a few 1 female connect Sensors on EBAY for the Mazda 323 with a price ranging from $7.11 to $12.50.......even though car is running much better I'm still getting 9 (pause), 1 long flash and another 1 long flash (pause) 5 flash (pause) nine...ect..ect..codes will not clear and of course engine light stays on..any ideas will be much appreciated..THX..

azgtx

• Old-Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 09:48:47 AM »

The ecu engine temp sensor and s on the underside of the way intake manifold on the driver side. The connector comes out of the injector harness.

Pappy T

• 91 base Capri
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 04:32:49 PM »

Thanks for the 3 flash info crispoe, now the big question is where the heck can I find a cam sensor ?? Been looking around today and come up blank .

Also would like to thank you for the info on gas tanks, the 323 did work ! Only thing's I noted different was it holds 2 more gallons and it doesn't have a return tube inside in the 'tray' where the fuel pump sits as well as the clip to hold up tip over sensor in backside. Haven't driven yet but it starts and runs and doesn't leak ! Cool !

NiteLord

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 07:03:19 PM »

...replaced the Pressure Regulator, cleaned the O2 Sensor and finally found the ECU Coolant Temp Sensor Thanks to azgtx..I didn't remove it but was able to get my fingers on it and "wiggle" the wire connect I suppose was corroded ... the trouble codes would disappear (self clear) after each item was addressed and Engine Light stays off now, these Capri's are strange animals...interesting...Thanks again tonlaw71, chrispoe and azgtx !!!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 07:18:47 PM by NiteLord »