TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Dropped Shifter  (Read 3262 times)

jzimms010

Dropped Shifter
« on: August 03, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »

Hey so i was driving and the shifter fell down onto the exhaust.  Got it towed and up in the air today.  I was expecting to see a bolt that came out that would hold it up but it doesnt seem like thats how it works.  I looks like i have to just shove it up in there and hope it doesnt fall back down. Is this right or do i have to take part of the console of to get to it? Is there a way to modify it so it doesnt happen again? thanks.
ps its a 94.

mcanchola2

Dropped Shifter
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »

The part that holds the shifter in place is made of plastic and breaks over time bad thing is there is no replacement for this what you could do is get some self drilling screw and screw it in place that how I did it

CapriProject

Dropped Shifter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »

I made some sheet metal parts that work well as a repair on mine.
here's some pictures...
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z315/Beast-of-Burden/ShifterRepair.jpg?t=1312410945

jzimms010

Dropped Shifter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »

ok thanks guys i think im going to drill somethin in.  maybe i could make the sheet metal clips. do you have dimensions for them?

CapriProject

Dropped Shifter
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »

No dimensions for them... I just measured the spots where it connects. The 'pockets' in the rubber piece, the slots in the metal and like that. They basicly fit kinda like the plastic pieces did. It wasn't hard to do. (IMO)

jzimms010

Dropped Shifter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »

oh ok, idk what the plastic ones liked like but ill see what i can do.